Artisan Color Chevron?

Quick question. Does the Artisan have the ability to change the color of the Chevron up front? PiTools give the option, but it has no affect on the color. I haven’t found anything in the forums, but a few of the Youtube videos show a different color (blue).

1 Like

You should be able to. However maybe need something fixed up in Firmware maybe? @Alex.liu

1 Like

When you change the setting, does it work? My 8K always starts off green, even if the radio button is set for some other color. If I change the color, it will be correct until I turn on the headset the next time.

2 Likes

My 5k+ has similar behaviour. Always starts off blue. If I change the colour, it will stay until I turn on the headset next time.

2 Likes

Yes, my Artisan can change from the blue, to green or aqua blue. The 8k plus, is always green, that one doesn’t seem to change for me

2 Likes

@KuDawg - Which version of hardware and software are you running? Mine is the “new” blue case 204 Hardware version with the latest PiTools and firmware (non-beta versions).

@neal_white_iii - When I change it in PiTools, the light simply “blinks” but it doesn’t change color. (I remove power from the headset each night, so no worries about resetting)

I just received it (incorrectly I might add, ordered a 5k+), so 'm trying to determine if there is an issue with the hardware or not.

2 Likes

The blinking indicates that Parallel Projection is active (at least on other headset models). @SweViver or @PimaxQuorra, can you please post an answer? Should the Artisan Chevron color be settable? Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The light is “solid” green until I select “apply” to a different color, then it only blinks once. But it doesn’t change colors.

The continuously blinking shocked me one time as it felt as if something was “wrong”. I have to set it for one of my games, but I typically don’t have it engaged.

2 Likes

I have the Black housing and I’m using the latest Pitool with the Alyx 3.24 but I’ve also had the .253
I just go and change the color in the Pitool and watch it change instant. Green, Blue or Aqua.

2 Likes

That is what I was guessing. I have the Blue housing, and I’m not able to change colors. I wonder if they changed something…

1 Like

Hello !

I also own an Artisan with blue housing (firmware v2.1.255.266), using Pitool 260 and i can’t change the “V” color by any means.

Not a big deal neither the next thing to fix but could be nice to have…

1 Like

I watched the recent PiDay video, and and they noted that this most recent “batch” of Artisan were a special run. It appears that this batch is lacking some of the “features” previous versions had. The Chevron on mine is “green” in color even when powered off (colored plastic), which could explain why they don’t have this ability. My guess they had some left over parts and decided to make a few more…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.