Anyone Try the Vorpx Cyberpunk Mod?

I tried it last night on the Quest2 , I was disappointed and a little :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Frame rates were kind of low. I had a similar experience with Vorpx GtaV mod.

I think I can fix it with tweaking. But I’m not too hopeful. I will try on my 8KX soon.

So far though in my experience, @LukeRoss mods seem to perform and control much better out of the box.

Its weird in Vorpx/Cyberpunk moving the mouse vertically twists the view and that is vomit inducing.

I commented about it and Ralf says he will add back in the ability to lock the mouse pitch.

As for the 8KX perfirmance I captured this comment made by a Pinax user.

2 Likes

Does raytraicing work in vr ?

2 Likes

I avoid Vorpx like the proverbial plague. Buyer’s remorse for sure.

2 Likes

it will, but …performance .

Its funny, I would always choose stereoscopy over raytracing because I find stereo3D adds the most visual “oomph”

What most of the time the effects of RT you need to “stop playing” to appreciate it, and even then its like “who cares?” oooh I can see accurate reflections.

I mean we have 2 eyes and yet for some reason most choose to only view media in mono.

Think about it… nobody is trading stereo headphones or stereo speakers for monoaural ones … the whole world agrees that would be a step backwards.

We have 3d games that we can’t take advantage of both eyes.

The effect of seeing your games occupy 3 dimensional space blows away stupid reflections on car doors.

I would have been much more impressed with that matrix UE5 demo if it had VR than raytracing. Imagine being IN the matrix!

…sorry that rant came out of nowhere like an RKO

2 Likes

Its not that bad…can’t possibly be as much remorse as I had buying the VR Ears.

1 Like

Anything Vorpx looks…off, no matter it seems how much you play with the settings. One of my regret purchases a well.

2 Likes

@drowhunter I tried it and thought it was ok once a couple of settings had been changed. Especially as its free. I got it running ok on quest 2 and kinda ok on 8kx.

Edit: ive played it some more, fps drops quite a bit when in complex scenes :frowning:
Still really looking forward to Lukes mod.

1 Like

Yeah, Ralf has a bunch of tips on getting to run smooth, but his implementation seems a bit off. And this is for both GTA and CP.

GTA by Luke “just works” for me and it hit me immediately how spectacular it was to “be there”

I have yet to get that feeling with Ralfs mod.

I guess you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Yeh i guess so.

I got pretty excited at 1st, i started a new game and was, with some tweaking, getting fps the same as my hmd refresh rate so it was reasonably smooth (although not totally), but this was indoor scenes in the storyline with not much going on.

Later, once outdoors in the city with many people & cars about my fps dropped too low for reasonably smooth gameplay. All this was with the Nicer resolution preset, Nice was just too pixellated to play, it looked like an early DOS based game on Nice.

I won’t play any more until Lukes mod drops. I hope it can cope with the demands of complex scenes.

Everyone likes something different and it’s clear Ralf isn’t big on RT currently, or DLSS, and you can tell on his forums he very much likes a full VR experience over a virtual-cinema or Immersion mode experience, and thus he tends to tailor his suggestions accordingly. I often find his suggestions produce too blurry a result for my liking, because he’s sacrificing a LOT of eye-candy and resolution to get to that point where something like Cyberpunk will run fast enough to be usable in full VR. But overall vorpX, if you are willing to spend the time to get things working right, is a quality product IMHO.

And, ultimately, everything in vorpX can all be tweaked to your liking. I run Cyberpunk at very high resolutions with RT and eye-candy basically maxed (not on “psycho” modes though) and use DLSS to get the frame-rate good enough for Virtual Cinema mode. It looks fantastic that way. It’s not full VR, but you can get it to run good enough to spit a lot of pixels and a lot of eye-candy to your Pimax as long as you are happy with a lower frame rate. I try not to let it drop below about 45fps.

3 Likes

Over the last few weeks ive been using vorpx quite alot, its grown on me. I still can’t get decent fps in cyberpunk, but have had success with a handful of games to the point where they are very playable in vr, look great, and am getting decent fps. A couple of games ive tried, they look and play like native vr. The “Directvr” feature, if its available for the game, is great. So yeah i like vorpx now.

1 Like

If only more Vorpx haters would actually do what you just did and actually “try” to use it in “multiple” games before declaring it a scam and waste of $$

I think what happens is either:

1. Person expects it to “Just Work”

2. When it does work people expect it to be like perfect VR with no compromises.

3. People expect it to work for all games.

They try it in one game they really want it to work with and if it doesn’t they scream to all of the internet that “the whole program doesn’t work at all”

Ralf must have the patience of a saint.

It really doea just cone down to expectations and knowing what the program actually does and what its capable of doing and not doing.

I am happy that I can play some games that would never get the VR tratment at all in some form of non-pancake way.

4 Likes

About 50% of my total VR is ultimately vorpX. It’s much easier to get older titles to run extremely well (although sometimes the title itself needs a lot of fixing in the first place, so that’s another level of crap to wade through). I highly suggest FO3 and FNV, they are fantastic in full VR in G3D, which is especially nice. Outer Worlds is newer, and really only works in Z3D, but it’s not a super demanding game for such a recent title and I was able to run it at sufficient resolutions to get a good Full VR experience. Greedfall is a great game if you like RPGs and it runs beautifully in virtual cinema mode at very high resolutions and max eye-candy (remember, in virtual cinema mode you can live with a lower FPS.)

2 Likes

FNV is my favourite vorpx experience and i’m playing through it right now with texture upgrades, all settings maxxed out in game & vorpx, looks & plays really good.

I’m not sure if you’ve heard of this game, Alien Colonial Marines, its a fps and its decent, it has full directvr support (positional, rotation, fov) and for some unknown reason the guns appear normal size, has G3D. Its only a few bucks and its no different from a native game (without controller support).

1 Like

Unfortunately a bad game is still a bad game in VR.

Bad lol have u played it? I think its ok, nothing special but at only a few $ is worth it.
Y’know, i’d say an ok/average game in 2D when turned into vr in a good manner is a decent experience :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve no idea why the gun is to scale using vorpx, not seen that before.

I’ve just installed and played it a bit, its really nice, thanks. Installed NMC textures. Upped the res to 4800x2700 which is higher than what vorpx’s Phenomenal setting gives. Looks great.

2 Likes

Vorpx vs luke ross. Any opinions for cyberpunk?

Check my guide. https://community.openmr.ai/t/cyberpunk-2077-vr-enhancement-guide/38213

Luke Ross is smoother by a bit and has nicely aligned icons, but has severe Gun-Face (as in the guns are basically attached right in your face, which I find really annoying)

Vorpx is free, and totally feels like a proper VR game due to the motions controls (gestures) and the Head movement being decoupled from the arms and gun.

Considering that at least 50% of your time or more will be spent in combat this is a hands down win for Vorpx overall.

1 Like

Nice! Preciate the guide!

1 Like