Anyone received the backer box with two basestations - what were your taxes?

To join the club of VAT lovers and import duty rockers, I just received an email from Czech FedEx that I should explain the package, which is supposed to be the backer box with two basestations and prepare to pay approximately:

• 14.60 USD processing fee,
  • 76.20 USD taxes (I do not know yet which taxes and from which base value).

However, according to the @PimaxQuorra post (https://community.openmr.ai/t/backer-box-q-a-26th-october-2020/32628), the declared value should be

• 60 USD for the backer box
  • 150 USD for the two basestations

Czech VAT rate is 20%, so taking the above estimate for the taxes (76.20) it would make the declared value:

76.20 / 0.20 = 381 USD

Which seems quite a lot even if I add shipping to the two figures above (60 + 150).

Has anyone already received the backer box with the basestations (preferably in EU)? What was your declared value?

EDIT: It seems the declared value is alright, I got the original invoice Pimax supplied, which stated:

So I guess the problem is as usual in the import duty codes.

4 Likes

VAT and import duty are two different things.

So you have 20% VAT
Then you have the import duty of your country, based on the HS codes above.
And then the handling/processing fee FedEx demand even though the sender has paid them to deliver the package :confused:

Import duties are “harmonized” in EU, in other words, they are the same in every EU country.

1 Like

Still an additional cost to VAT I think

If I did my math correctly the import duty should be 1.09 USD.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.