Anyone have stability in 120hz beta firmware?

I’ve had this firmware for a few months, but it is somewhat inconsistent. It seems that some days it will work fine, and other days–usually after a Windows Update or nVidia driver update, or Pimax Client update, completely lose its mind and cause white static on the right screen, or cause the right screen to not turn on.

Switching back to 90hz mode in the client seems to work, but it will then be stuck in a non-operating 120hz state for an indeterminate amount of time, and it’s not clear what gets it working again. Sometimes reflashing the firmware, sometimes switching between 90hz and 120hz mode, sometimes completely wiping all Pimax software (which at this point is becoming cathartic, it’s so buggy), sometimes moving the DVI port for the headset. This is in Win 11 with a Gigabyte 4090.

Has anyone gotten this working consistently without having to fiddle with it any time an update comes along?

Restart headset From pimax client … try thi is a bug

FW update have issues with w11, since they refuse the sign the driver so core isolation will work with it…
you have to disabled it, which you should not…

You need to go back to Firmware V2002.
i had issue with V2003 as well, where it did not want to boot as fast as V2002(or did not want too).
and it caused the panels to spazz out, the panels would have a weird black flashing/flickering, and sometimes cause white rectangle boxes to appear(it just had issue where the panels in 90hz or 120hz could not keep up with whatever they where doing to the FW).

So V2003 FW is not stable…

i have W11 and a Asus TUF 4090 OC card as well.
You can try Updating the video bios of your gigabtye card(i did this through the website).

@variableresults

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.