Any way of recovering serial

welp,something is wrong with the 4k now,the ‘stripes’ went away but now its darker on both eyes,if i go crazy (back and forth) on the backlight slide it gets darker and darker,then bright all of sudden and fades to dark mode again

hey Ryleth
If you need any technical support, please contact customer service and submit a ticket they will do that for you.

Sincerely

1 Like

soo,anyone knows what this darkening is?its really getting in the way of gaming and other thing sice its removing colors and covering things

If it is flickering it might be the automatic defogger/demister. But not sure what might be causing it. As it should briefly flicker and return to normal. The p4k uses just 1 lcd panel vs other headsets that typically have 2.

Have you tried filing a ticket as @miracle recommended?

its a flickering just in one place/vertical line to the right (hard to explain since cant post videos here), it only appears when moving the hmd/head

i’m more concerned now about the darkening in the image,its darkening everything i see a lot,cant see some colors since it appears like a red sepia/warmer tone, the backlight slide seems to work a bit then it darkens again,

yes,already filled a ticket,awaiting an answer there

you guys know how long does it take for the support to answer?

@Miracle can likely look into your ticket number.

ticket #10240,

also,does anyone know the fix for the ghosting in the sn100 series?it wasn’t answered on the previous topic,mine has a lot of ghosting as well(decided to ignore it)

2 Likes

Ghosting is unfortunately no known fix. It seems to be a property of the 4k sharp panel. Sony in the original Xperia 4k phone disabled VR for that reason.

I found in games like Ethan Carter VR using the controller more vs head movements reduces it.

Interestingly though Unity Chan Rockstar demo is quite decent with it.

i play games like falloutvr,skyrimvr,elite dangerous,runes… so the ghosting gets in the way sometimes but nothing serious,

the darkening thats happening now however is preventing me from playing since can’t see some things ingame,dark areas/shadows are pitch black,white lights/paints/colors are yellowed ,yellow lights/color is more brownish

already tried editing the brightness and contrast slides but the image in the hmd only gets whiter/weirder color and illegible when messing with those so apparently brightness/color via software isn’t the issue

1 Like

uhh, this looks like a defective panel caused by an loose contact or similar, the darkness may be related to that.

For the flickering you should check out the hdmi cable. Reducing the frequency or resolution might also do the trick since its most likely caused by bandwidth limits(as far as i know, the 4k uses hdmi 1.4 or 1.4 a which are pretty limited). Cleaning the HDMI Port might also help a bit (also please dont use DVI-D just to mention it)

The Ghosting is very bad i agree, ive tried much to get it better but the only way i could actually improve it a bit was by setting the headset into video mode (with Pitool 2) and then manually editing its attributes using Custom Resolution Utility. But i wouldn’t recommend that methode since it gets very diff very soon

1 Like

i read yesterday on a topic from 2017 that the pimax have 2 glasses/shutters that darkens and flickers 90x per second to give the impression of being 90hz and reduce nausea on prolonged use,maybe its them that are getting defective or loose,are there any of them for sale in case they’re defective?

the flickering i tried everything already except opening the hmd and changing the cable for testing,tried multiple pc’s and usb/hdmi ports (2 laptops,2 desktops),both desktops doesn’t have dvi ports,just displayport and hdmi

the ghosting is “fixed” after pimax sent me a firmware to flash this monday: P1_1.0.0.999 , the ghosting is gone(none whatsoever) but it has a lot of motion blur now,betwen the ghosting and the blur i prefer the blur

edit: the topic link : https://community.openmr.ai/t/lcd-panel-type/1697/29

Can you share this firmware? Support might have the shudders available. But not sure.

sure,but how?i tried to rename it to jpeg/png/gif and post it here but it wont allow saying its corrupted

1 Like

Ah you’d need to use something like Google srive and use link sharing.

@Playa might have another solution as he hosts pretty much all pitools and piplay & firmwares.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! @Century and @Enopho will likely be interested.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.