Any update on Pimax Day 3

Wasn’t this supposed to be mid May with some interesting announcements?

14 Likes

Did they specify which year? :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Or in which parallel universe…

7 Likes

It seems that with each weekly update, we’re further away from receiving our 8k-X. In march they were telling us that mass production would start within 2 weeks. Now they’re talking about testing again … In a few week they’ll start talking about the design phase again?

3 Likes

Exactly lol. How much testing does Pimax need for this headset? Why is it taking so much longer than the 8K Plus?

Hi.
I think the 8KX is a make or break headset for Pimax they need it to be as good as it can realistically get. Their flagship product. I would personally rather they test until they are happy. They don’t want any manufacturing issues and nether do we. The Now event will be after production has commenced as “Now” is in regards to the shipping of the first units. We are very close now. I look forward to hearing the backers thought and reviews before I receive my preorder.

7 Likes

I don’t mind the testing I hate the crap timelines Pimax always makes since 2017.

3 Likes

Actually, I have not read anything about the 24th (May?) in the last update, so I would not be that fast to claim the exact date. They just wrote there is no delay.

On the other hand, they wrote also that 8K-X will ship with SMAS and SMAS is 10 days delayed to yet undetermined production date too. They definitely did not mention when SMAS should be available (neither according to the original plan, nor according to the new plan).

I kind of love this game Pimax is playing, you really have to pay attention what they write, otherwise you may jump to incorrect conclusion. This, at least, keeps us (backers) staying sharp.

7 Likes

Fair comment. They do not state the 24th in the last update and indeed a 10 day delay on the mas. I will receive my 8kx with all the many recent improvements I have no doubts.

1 Like

Pimax stated that production will still start on 24th but never told us about shipping. MAS delay must have affect that.

1 Like

Errrr… if you did pay attention to what they wrote in the past years, you jumped to a truckload of conclusions of which 98% proved to be incorrect.

From a purely statistical point of view I am not sure if reading their statements leads you to a higher degree of correct assumptions instead of, say, pointing at your calendar blindfoldedly…

8 Likes

I would prefer a nice review from different sources about the “final” (really?) 8kx and updates about production lines and timeline. No more Pimax days, please (later all about delaying and more delaying and confusing information or not all we were waiting for).
Besides in support tickets Pimax says that they answer in 24 hours. I’m still waiting for my last ticket to be answered. Perhaps they are all preparing the… PIMAX DAY. :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.