Any tips on cleaning the MAS?

As the title suggests, looking for tips/success stories on cleaning the MAS. In particular, the foam on the strap. Also willing to buy replacements if anyone knows of any that are PU leather or such. I picked up a cheap secondhand SMAS that I was intending on modifying a bit and messing around with, but right now it’s rather grim and could do with a good cleaning. Don’t want to chance anything just yet and ruin the foam, I’m guessing a software soapy handwash will do the job but figured I’d post here first as in no rush.

Cheers!

1 Like

Alright, I know I said I’m in no rush but also was trying to procrastinate so ending up just chucking each part of the foam into the washing machine (just put each part into a sock to stop it getting damaged), and it came out perfect.

Before:

After:

No damage to the foam or any misformation etc. Of course I’d probably not recommend it and do at your own risk, but it worked well for me (daily wash @30deg in with my normal washing).

2 Likes

I do wash my stuff from hand its no big deal, desinfections spray seem to result in damaging the face foams structure.
the back pad doe not seem to has this problems.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.