Advice for the upcoming ' Event ' or Pimax Day 3

This?

3 Likes

I get people are impatient. I get Pimax has had delays in the past. But why are you guys adding to the negativity? Just wait for their event. Complaining or wishing time would pass faster, won’t change reality. Pimax seems to be improving in their communication.

1 Like

It will be the 8KX-2 announcement with improved lenses with zero distortion, new brighter panel with better colors and blacks, new cable standard with support for 90hz at native resolution, and for anyone who ordered 8KX can join the upgrade program. Pay $500 to upgrade your 8KX order to 8KX-2 and get a $100 coupon for wireless!

8KX-2 is estimated to begin production in August with first deliveries by October.

[Sorry just having fun!]

13 Likes

Lol, I hope 8KX-2 will have 210 degrees horizontal FOV like the StarVR one. Now that would be revolutionary. But first they should finish the 8KX.

1 Like

Oh no, if the recent interview of Kevin is anything to go by, it will be full of wonderful announcements making you think all the good things are just round the corner… but there will be this tiny little caveat: “if everything goes as planned”. And as we know with Pimax - they have this guy isolated in a window-less chamber with no permission to be contacted by anyone who in addition is deaf & blind - he’s in charge of their planning…

No joke, that’s certainly going to be part of the show. Why would they set up such a show at this stage ? Because they need your money, sir. I suspect that is the agenda behind the whole show - collect money to pay some of the many bills they can’t pay any longer.

I was like you for 2+ years.

Then one day, after having been handed a rain checque by Pimax yet again, I looked in the mirror and told myself I needed to stop fooling myself and look at the naked facts, and the story they tell. If you take away the cloud of words & announcements issued by Pimax, and just stare at the true performance, what do you see ? On larger scale, in terms of performance of duties, both KS and pre-orders ? Over the entire base of outstanding pledges/orders ?

Not a pretty sight, is it.

8 Likes

Will X Backers finally get their headset. Stay tuned…

1 Like

I’d rather look at naked ladies. :heart_eyes: :laughing:

The facts are that no other company offers the equivalent of the 8KX (at a similar price). Pimax certainly has issues, but as long as my 8KX is good, I’ll forgive them for the overoptimistic delivery dates and poor communication. My experience with their support has been positive (for a faulty cable and a separate change to my 8KX order).

Note that I haven’t experienced the distortion issues, but I have had some case cracks. I expect I won’t have either of those issues with the 8KX.

8 Likes

If Pimax day 3 is used to announce another delay I will probably cancel my 8kx upgrade . I really don’t feel like going through another Kickstarter type of waiting game .

I’m willing to take a risk with Pimax because

1. I’ve owned my Index for over 8 months now and am yearning for higher resolution and wider FOV.
  2. I have spare cash and always looking for the best
  3. I’ve spent countless hours watching videos of many people trying the 8K X and loving the headset
  4. Pimax delivered the 8K Plus like they promised and people are happy with it. Obviously the X is more complex and requires more time to make.
  5. No other company is taking these risks and making wide FOV 4K resolution headsets for an affordable price.
6 Likes

I get all of that, and share some of it too - I am currently using the Rift S, waiting for the Index to be delivered, but some games are just not as much fun with it as with the 5K+/8K, e.g. Skyrim - I miss the vast vision out in the open areas when you have an 8K on your head. That might be a bit less painful with the Index, but still.

What let’s me doubt Pimax’ financial health is the fact that they are seeming incapable of shipping out 3rd party products they have claimed to have in store in sufficient numbers, which is a completely different beast to not managing to wrap up your R&D efforts in the scheduled time. The latter is to be expected on a KS project, the former typically is just a sign of empty pockets & shelves while claiming to your customers there is nothing to see here - and, by the way, would you please pre-order further products from us (because we need your cash!!!)…

So yes, if they survive long enough to ship the 8KX, it may be a great headset (and as an 8KX backer I will receive one too). But if it is just a matter of waiting 2-3 months longer, I would not put my money on the line if I had to take the decision today to pre-order one from Pimax or not. I would then rather wait another 2-3 months and see if they are able to perform their obligations or not.

But you mentione dthe point were I am not as fortunate - not that much of spare cash to not bother about, so I understand this may tip the balance into another direction for you as it would for me…

6 Likes

But then I took a Pimax arrow to the knee

6 Likes

There’s a mod for that…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.