About the General discussion category

For general topics and chats.

3 Likes

Pirce and brand comparison

Quest 3 :

Before I try to purchase the headset, there are a few products available in the market, such as Quest 3, Quest Pro, also the Apple Vision Pro, etc… First of all, let’s take a closer look at Quest 3, which is also the most popular one in the market. Its internal components are enough for basic gaming and other entertaining uses, such as:

• Color pass-through cameras allow you to clearly see your surroundings

• High-resolution picture

• Powerful processor

• Comfortable design

However, Quest 3 has some other cons as well, such as it doesn’t have eyes and hands-tracking features like Quest Pro does. With eyes and hands-tracking features, you can create a much more accurate game character. If you are planning to play intense games such as Half-Life and Microsoft Flight Simulator, I would recommend Quest Pro. If only basic uses of gaming and other features, Quest 3 is enough.

Quest Pro:

Contains eyes and hands-tracking features. That’s one of the biggest deals within Quest Pro, other than that, not much other spotlight.

Apple Vision Pro: There are five pros for this product

• Virtual avatar: A face-scanning feature will create an identical clone of yourself, the avatar will appear whenever you Facetime someone else.

• Low latency: Eliminate latency Nassau like no other HeadSet can do.

• Immersive display: It can easily switch from AR to VR, the display is amazing.

• Privacy and security: When using Apple Vision Pro, your data is encrypted, you don’t need to worry about your head and physical movement being collected by anyone.

• Hand-off control: One of the biggest advantages of this product, I would say, is the product frees up your hands and tracks your hands and eyes movement. Compared to other Headset, you have to constantly move your hands for the system to function.

Conclusion with picking which Headset:

I picked Quest 3, with just $500, I got a headset that fulfilled almost all my basic needs, I don’t play an intense game or have a specific need with eyes and hands tracking feature. Therefore, Quest 3 is enough for me. If a higher quality is needed for work or any other environment, Apple Vision Pro or Quest Pro is necessary.

Self-experience after using Quest 3

To be honest with you, I was not a big fan of Metaverse and VR when I was in the U.S. Meta was having a big loss when Mark decided to transform his company into the brand known as Meta by now. Cryptocurrency was crazy from 2021-2022. I still remember how the price of bitcoin jumped from $20000 to $60000, at that point, I thought the concept of blockchain was a big deal, until one day, bitcoin dropped from $60000 back to $20000, I realized this was just another financial trap being manipulated by some big company behind the curtain. However, I played a series of VR games recently, and the level of immersive display blew me away, just with Quest 3, I can feel and touch another world in front of me, everything seems so real, like wow, Mark is onto something big. I can feel that VR will change the gaming industry permanently, which is a big deal, The gaming industry generated a total 2019 output in the U.S. of more than $90.3 billion. Furthermore, I would say VR will change the movie industry as well, people can enjoy their 3D movies at home with one headset, instead of spending over $40 every day at the theater.

Will the concept of VR change any other field? My answer is positive, if we look back in history, why the internet was a big deal and changed the world permanently? Because it connects the world in front of our screen, instead of physical mail, people can email, instead of shopping in the mall, people can purchase great products on Amazon, instead of inputting data on your paper, people can input data into their software. And then, Snapchat Tiktok, and YouTube became a big deal, because instead of text messages, a videotape is more immersive and effective. All the big tech companies are participating in the VR field now, including Google and Apple, Currently, insiders are anticipating the launch of the Google AR/VR Headset in 2024.

In conclusion, will VR/AR change the world slowly? Yes, it is. The world of Metaverse is bounded deeply by Web 3.0, where the concepts of decentralization and AI come in. ChatGPT has changed the world already, and so will other AI companies. I am very optimistic about VR/AR, so should you!