Seems that the details regarding what can be traded in has changed since the original post. I was originally told I could use my 5k+ which has developed a flickering right Panel as trade in, but now it with either be not allowed or at a reduced trade in value. (I’ve highlighted the relevant section below) FYI
This updated document was sent to me by support and is different that the one posted here
- Any Pimax headset sold from Pimax approved sales channels. These must be businesses and cannot be purchases directly from individuals.
- Trade-in value is what you paid for only headset itself.
- If the audio strap came pre-installed the price with the audio is used.
- Accessories, shipping charges, fees and taxes will not be included in the trade-in value.
- Only 1 headset can be traded per transaction.
- There is a Limit 1 12K QLED headset per customer without special authorization from customer service.
- Value cannot be greater than the MSRP of the headset.
- The local freight for the shipment to the collection point is borne by the trade-in customer.
- Trade-in customers are required to ship their trade-in headset to the nearest collection point at their own expense and provide Pimax the tracking number using the Pimax trade-in portal site.
- You do not have to ship your headset to China, we are using collection points listed below.
- Collection Points will be located in: The United States, United Kingdom, European Union, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Canada, Australia;
- We can allocate additional collection points if needed at a later date.
- Once registered you will be notified 2 weeks before an 12K QLED that is allocated to you is ready to ship.
- Your new headset will not be dispatched until we have received the trade-in headset and inspected the contents of your package to ensure it is the headset you registered for the trade.
- Shipping will occur primarily from the collection points.
- The original 8K to 5K+ coupon is worth $100
- Wireless module coupon is worth $100 and we are doubling it's value to $200.
- Both coupons can be stacked to have an additional $300 deduction.
- Other coupons (except cash coupons for refunds) cannot be used in stacks;
Pimax are currently formulating the program where our authorized resellers and distributors can participate in the trade-in program. We will send invitations at a later date that includes complete details on how the program works. Participate can send email to email@example.com** 。**
also to get related information .
In appreciation for our valuable Pimax backers and early loyal users, Pimax will launch a Trade-in-First policy that will allow for more rapid processing and shipments. We will detail this program at a later date and full details will also appear on the Pimax trade-in portal when it launches.
- If I wish to purchase more than one 12K QLED headset via this trade-in program, what should I do?
Our Pimax Trade-in portal will allow you to contract our customer service team with any special case including the need to purchase additional headsets via the trade-in program. These will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- If I live in the Brazil does this prevent me from participating in this program
No, not at this time. We are considering more regions for Phrase 2.
- I backed 2 Kickstarter Projects, can I stack the discounts for 2 wireless coupons?
No, coupons cannot be stacked or aggrigaged.
- If my trade-in headset is non-functional or is not in good condition can I still trade it in?
No, but with your proof of purchase you can still receive a discount coupon for the new Pimax 12K QLED. If you feel your headset may not qualify as being functional and in good condition our upcoming trade-in portal will allow you to contact support for further guidance on this issue.
- Does Pimax 12K QLED headset support my existing Base Stations (Lighthouses 1.0 and 2.0) and controllers (Index controllers, Sword controllers and Vive Controller)?
Yes, but you must purchase the lighthouse tracking faceplate and attach it to your Pimax 12K QLED headset. This allows for full compatibility with existing lighthouse compatible hardware.
- Additional questions regarding coupons.
As a general rule coupons cannot be used in any manner other than what is described within the program details. Our trade-in portal will allow customers to connect with our customer support team and resolve any outstanding questions you may have.
If you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact customer service.
Your Pimax Team