A Poem for Sweviver

Dear @Sweviver

why are my words not powerful enough to reach your ears ?
While rumors about Artisan let’s you reply in a joy of tears.

Is this headset so much more important than the reputation of Pimax ?
With no customers left, to whom do you flex ?

Their campaign drew people in with some high reward bets,
but in the end, was it worth it ? No ! I’m full of regrets.

Unfulfilled promises and a delay, of a delay, of a delay,
2 years of bad support, but Pimax still goes the same way.

I’m desperately trying to understand why you haven’t seen my messages yet,
so feel I powerless, am I using the wrong alphabet ?

DM on the forum, 14 days ago,
no response, where else should I go ?

Discord, Twitter and two E-Mails to your address,
again no response but I stay calm and hate less.

I’ve already dealt with Pimax staff on the forum twice,
two months have passed, regarding my support ticket: communication is on ice.

As a VR Enthusiast I came here,
but Pimax’s behavior will make me disappear.

I hope you will read this before the end of this year,
if you respond to my DM I will applaud you in cheer.

Edit: Ticket nr. 18860

26 Likes

Sorry for that,
Please post your issue or ticket nr, I guess @Konger or @Matthew.Xu might be able to help

1 Like

Beautiful!..

2 Likes

I hope your poem will reach them soon
so you get response before next full moon.

2 Likes

Would love to hear your story. With talk of another headset and 8K vision already released in China it’s getting beyond ridiculous

1 Like

Who knows? If Pimax can’t deliver accessories and vision 8Ks without selling Artisan, Pimax has to sell it while put aside their ****ing terrible risk and cash management.

The situation at hand is, I’m afraid
just a matter of getting to you, but delayed

1 Like

It would be interesting to see what Google Translator does with this in Chinese, but here is the roundtripped version, i.e. Google Translated to Chinese (Traditional) and back to English:

Dear @Sweviver

Why can’t I understand what you mean?
Despite rumors about Artisan, you still cry.

Is this headset more important than Pimax’s reputation?
Without customers, who would you give in to?

Their campaign attracted a lot of high stakes,
But in the end, is it worth it? No, I regret it.

Unfulfilled promises and delays, delays, delays,
2 years of poor support, but Pimax still does.

I really want to know why you haven’t heard from me,
Feeling powerless, am I using the wrong letter?

DM on the forum, 14 days ago,
No response, where else should I go?

Disharmony, Twitter and two emails sent to your address,
No response again, but I stay calm and hate less.

I have spoken with Pimax employees twice on the forum,
Regarding my support vote, two months have passed: communication is deadlocked.

As a VR enthusiast, I have been here,
But Pimax’s behavior will make me disappear.

Hope you can read this book before the end of this year.
If you respond to my DM, I will applaud you.

But seriously wft dude, please respond

Considering quite good re-translation for the last verse, I guess, the chances are, someone will understand. The beginning, on the other hand, might be easily misinterpreted :wink:

4 Likes

I’m trying to rma my headset since it has 1 dead pixel and the housing issue including small cracks + the cable issue,

the second clip shows what’s going on with my pimax since 30.10.2019, it either does that or one or both screens just turn off till I restart pitool, but then it just happens again, and again…

• 17.10.2019 - I opened a ticket for a cable replacement

• 22.10.2019 - I complained on the forum about not getting a response from the support
    (the ticket system said we could get a response within 24h, lol at this point :slight_smile:

• Matthew.Xu told me on the forum the support will take care of my ticket right away
    • E-Mail response from Pimax saying, I should make a video about the cable issue
    • I made a video and replied to the support E-Mail
  • 30.10.2019 - Pimax Day 2:

• I Updated to PiTool 1.0.1.197_R244, after that I started to get the black screen issue. I rolled back everything to as is was before the update but the screen issue still exists. (Updated: I guess it’s a cable issue and it was coincidence that it started after the pitool update)
    • This is not related to my rma story and I’m not gonna repeat now everything but I’ve spent around 2 days to get the 120 Hz mode to show up, followed by stalking the forum several weeks to get info’s why it’s not showing up. Thanks Pimax for staying dead silence and letting several people waste their time trying to figure out what’s been going on (202 serial here).
  • … - I complained several times on the forum about not getting any response from pimax support

• 02.12.2019 - Matthew.Xu replies on the forum “Please send me the tracking number, thank you.”

• I’ve sent him my ticket number the same day.
    • I made a new video showing the screen issues since it got worse and sent it to the support.
  • 03.12.2019 - Matthew.Xu replies on the forum “The team has been replied to you, thank you.”

• I did NOT get an answer from support ! (yes I’ve checked spam folder).
    • I checked youtube and no one ever watched the videos I provided them. (it’s not the same video link as I posted above so I could see if the support watched the video or not, and yes the E-Mails have been sent out correctly, I can see them in my “sent” folder.
  • after that I gave up begging the Pimax staff for help on the forum since they couldn’t help.

• 04.12.2019 - I’ve sent Sweviver a DM on the forum including this timetable and more, explaining that my support ticket doesn’t gets resolved (he made the following topic a while ago, so I felt like he will be able to help me out:
    https://community.openmr.ai/t/do-you-need-pimax-support-regarding-your-supen-ticket-i-might-help-you/20090

• 08.12.2019 - over a period of 2h I had to restart pitool 9 times ! due to the black screen issue. The hmd is almost unusable and I pretty much gave up using it. Sometimes after it goes black and after restarting pitool, it only takes around 2 minutes till the screens go black again or do the horizontal line thing.
    I tried several times to touch & bend the cable after the screen issue happens to see if something changes but it has no effect at all.

• eventually I tried to get in contact with Sweviver over a twitter comment to please respond to my forum dm but I’m not a twitter user at all so I don’t even know if he got a notification.

• 17.12.2019 - I’ve posted a message to Sweviver on his Discord channel but then someone mentioned he didn’t saw him there for around 1 year.

• I tried to abuse MRTV to use his contact to Sweviver to inform him about my situation, he refused (not proud of that one:pensive: but I had to try everything to get finally a response from Pimax. It’s been 2 months and I had to try every possibility.
    • Poem post. It felt quite liberating to write that thing and putting my anger into it. What a relief :slight_smile:
  • 18.12.2019 - postet my ticket nr under the topic for unsolved tickets
    AS MY LAST TIME TRYING TO GET MY TICKET SOLVED

4 Likes

In my experience they are quite adept at conjuring hurdles you need to react to, in between LONG silences. Sometimes 3 times or more asking the same point, if they decide to reply “as if” another employee has just came across your problem and need to start from the start…

I wouldn’t be fair to say it was a matter of deliberately keeping you hanging so they didn’t have to deal with your problem, losing cash sorting it out or- worst case scenario reimburse you. I have no evidence of that.

That said, I tend to highly doubt they have their customers best interests as their number one priority to say the least.

Being a former CUSTOMER (bought the whole package from the website) and eventually getting a CC refund validated - because they were too busy to reply and explain reasons for the 1003 pounds they were holding onto without giving any product(s) in return to barclays bank any better than I had experienced myself, I would recommend you cut your losses as far as fov is concerned, ask for a refund and go buy the index.

2 Likes

@Heliosurge could you realize now, considering this experience, why the last response Pimax gave about 120 Hz support was totally unacceptable and why people deserve to know from Pimax, what is going on with 202 headsets? I you do, please pass the message to Pimax at the next weekly.

2 Likes

I’m an early backer. I’m trapped, help :slight_smile: just kidding, but yeah refund obviously doesn’t work. I’m gonna have to stick with this headset (even if i get a replacement) for at least a few more months, according to voodoode and UploadVR the major headsets are sold out, backlogged till February. There might be a few places where I still could get one but the FOV :frowning: I only tried my old vive once after upgrading to the pimax and it’s nothing i want to go back to (even if the index has a slightly wider FOV)

funny…, not at whole. they just a chat robots to simulate friendly relations.

That is not TRUE!!!

1 Like

each has own experience. word is subjective by human native.

Thank you for this beautiful poem, I appreciate the creativity :slight_smile:

Im truly sorry that I haven’t responded to your message. This might not be a good excuse for my lack of communication, but I have to be honest here saying that you are one of maybe 500 guys (or probably more than that) who have contacted me during the past weeks and months.

Ever since my primary tasks got suddenly changed in late summer (from sitting at home with support tickets - to managing, marketing, planning events, meetings, travelling etc), I have simply ran out of time to catch up on the huge backlog of messages.

Its not only the DMs here in the forums. Its everywhere. Twitter, Discord, Reddit, Youtube, SMS, Emails to all my 3 accounts, Whatsapp… heck even on Facebook and Snapchat which I havent used for more than 2 years.

People DM me about everything. Tickets, issues, tech support, suggestions, casual chit-chats, hate-letters and even love-letters… :slight_smile:

Somehow I have got to the point where I simply cannot catch up anymore. I have no idea where to even begin. On top of that, I have barely been home sice late summer because of all Pimax trips, events etc.

The past 2 weeks since I got home from EU roadshow, the CES preparation and planning has begun and taken all my time, and im just one of dozens of people working on it day and night.

People are asking me often whats my favourite game. Well, let me tell you I haven’t really “played” anything in VR since July maybe. There’s no time for that, more than maybe while doing short tests of hardware or presentations.

The SweViver channel has been completely put aside lately, and even my Patreons haven’t been updated for a while. This all is just way over my head.

I know this doesn’t help you at all. All im saying is that Im doing my best - but in the end, I can’t please everyone.

Having all that said, I will get back to you regarding your DM tomorrow.

Thanks for understanding

14 Likes

first of all thank you for responding :slight_smile: and taking the time to explain what’s been going on and how this happened, as I couldn’t fully understand it until now. I didn’t know you got nuked with messages as much as the support. 2nd congrats to the love letters, lol :slight_smile:
“I know this doesn’t help you at all.” It did. It did more than you might think. And frankly this message might also help the one or the other person out of the 500+ people. Letting people know what’s going on in general related to Pimax can really calm down people and deescalate situations. So I appreciate letting us know what you have been up to. Thanks.

4 Likes

Keep the faith Martin. You can only do what you can with what you got. We are better off with you than without you and thanks for that. :smile:

4 Likes