A Brief word about resolution from new user of the Pimax Vision 8kX [Review]

Try the 8KX without parallel projection using my tweak here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-get-rid-of-rendering-issues-in-half-life-alyx-without-parallel-projection/29004/

And then try it without the tweak but with parallel projection on and let me know if you notice an improvement in performance with my tweak.

7 Likes

This is great thanks i still remember the blood splatter being all wonky when i play using the 8k.
Iā€™ll copy paste it in the near future and let you know how it went.

2 Likes

When doing the performance test be sure to disable automatic fidelity and set it to level 3 so that you can actually see the performance difference

+vr_fidelity_level_auto 0 +vr_fidelity_level 3

Level 4 is 125%, etc. Highest fidelity being level 8.

4 Likes

Thanks for the replyā€¦Iā€™m still using a 1080ti also. When I get my 8kx Iā€™ll be in the same position as you areā€¦probably wonā€™t bother upgrading until the 30 series cards come out though. Glad to hear that youā€™re impressed with the headset!

2 Likes

@Fresco
Tkx for your detailed review for 8KX!

7 Likes

I think thatā€™s a wise choice. Iā€™m going to get the eye-tracker, so if DFR is any good, my 2080 might not need upgrading for a while.

2 Likes

Yepā€¦ So glad others are finally getting to see this headsetā€¦ the 8KX is hands down the best VR HMD I have ever owned, and believe meā€¦ I have owned a lot of them! [;]-)

5 Likes

If you could share this for all of us, skyrim enthusiasts, that would be fantastic. Cheers

3 Likes

me too please. 20 chars

1 Like

As already asked, what about the all important distant details? For me, this was massively apparent when playing Fallout 4 VR with all my lovely mods on the Reverb. No longer a blurry distance but able to make out trees and structures. Same with PCARS 2 and many others.

8 Likes

Use MO2 and a modlist from Skyrim VR reddit. Or the Wabbajack auto loader that will put hundreds of mods on for you in a few hours.

Check out the guides here:

2 Likes

Thanks Fitzy for your reply. I have not tried to use MO2 have you found it easy to use? That Wabbajack sound interesting. Itā€™s hard to teach an old dog new tricks thatā€™s why i probably will stick to the Community build of the old Nexus Mod Manager. I do us Blagoā€™s ini tweak tool SkyrimVR and Fallout4VR and applied many recommended settings of some list last night curious to find out what damage i did today sometime.

1 Like

yeah I plan on getting the eyetracker as well in preparation for my GPU upgrade. Just got the backer discount coupon for it in my email, just need to wait for the order link to go live.

2 Likes

Sorry RobCram I would love to answer that but right now its slow going for me especially since whenever I have got the chance to go in game and that has only been SkyrimVR so far there is so much fog, smoke outdoors drifting through Riverwood from the blacksmiths to interior fog floating and distant mountain fog, fog smoke everywhere and usually have the luck of it being dusk or dawn. Iā€™ll either let someone else answer your question or maybe today i might get lucky and have a clear day. Did make some ini tweaks for more distant lods and such last night and am curious to see what damage i done to my performance.

4 Likes

Hehe that comment made me laugh. Yes, lots of mods add to the atmosphere.

3 Likes

You do know you can type commands and change anything, right?

1 Like

Hi Pimel if your refering to the console command using the teal key in the game of Skyrim, yes Iā€™m aware of this but only use things like player.additem f 50,000 so i can easily move into the home mod i just added.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.