8KX Thermal Video

My 8KX finally arrived, so obviously the first thing I would do is put the headset on… right? WRONG! The first thing I did was hook up my FLIR One Pro and start measuring the temperature. :wink:

I made a few promises and have finally delivered the 8KX thermal video!

The ambient temperature was ~27 C. I left the headset plugged in and idle to see how hot it would get. The temperature at the plug eventually settled to ~44 C, which is right around the pain threshold. That being said, the reported temperatures seem at odds with my sense of touch because I would describe the spot I measure as “warm but not hot”.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/suggestion-do-not-power-8kx-at-12v-8k-x-usb-to-a-power-supply-adapter-works-fine-and-saves-a-usb-port/30628/73?u=davebobman

6 Likes

Misc Topics

The package was actually delivered by UPS (not FedEx) and, based on the shipping notification email I received, the shipping was arranged through Amazon somehow.

Also, the email said delivery on the 14th, the Swiship tracking link said the 12th, and UPS (correctly) said the 13th. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Same here, i JUST realized that after you mentioned it was shipped by amazon.
says i will get mine on the 15th.

Edit: Also mine seems to be shipping through USPS…that might be a mistake.
Hopefully the package will not be damaged.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.