8kx and Bluetooth connectivity problems

For those that might be experiencing issues with base stations not connecting and controllers staying in place but able to rotate I might have come to a conclusion as to what’s going on.

The issues seems to be that the Bluetooth from the Pimax HMD isn’t initiating correctly when the HMD is turned on, and even with PiTool being set to lighthouse and not 9-axis, it defaults to it making it somewhat hard to tell in Pimax Experience 0.5 that its not working.

With that being said I seem to have stumbled upon a way to fix this and I hope this information provides useful to the people at Pimax and to any users that might be experiencing this issue.

What ended up working for me was turning everything off(HMD light is pure red, all the way off, and PiTool), disconnecting the usb 3.0 part of the all in one cable solution and placing it into another usb 3.0 slot on the computer. Also rotating the slots worked and fixed this issue as well(unplugging the usb 3.0 part and plugging it back in).

One more thing to consider if this doesn’t work. Make sure your base stations channels are set correctly!

Edit: Sorry if any part is not comprehensible, its late as I’m writing this and just got done testing this out in full for hours. My brain is fried.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.