8K-X backers & loaner headset return

Pimax have said they’ll cover $35 for loan returns. I just did a quote on UPS and the cheapest service that will get it there within 5 days from me is $68. Like i said, pimax are not going to be offering to express these.

2 Likes

I’d wait another week then ask for an update.

It appears 8K-X headstrap foam design is still being finalized or was last week at VR days.

1 Like

I don’t think waiting however many weeks and asking however many times for an update is going to make the slightest bit of difference. Its going to be months before anyone gets their 8K-X and we are getting the usual wall of silence.

1 Like

Who cares about the FOAM. I want to know if the actual internals are Finalized.

It seems likely that Pimax is still tweaking the 8KX internals. Otherwise, why would they be releasing the 8K+ first? They should not keep their 8KX backers waiting unnecessarily. Given what’s been said, I think they are still hoping to increase the framerate, which might possibly involve a few hardware changes (to reduce noise or impedance or something like that).

2 Likes

I think it’s more likely that the parts haven’t arrived in quantity yet and/or if you remember with the 5K+/8K they said it was more efficient to have a single production line than 2 at the same time.

1 Like

Right, regarding a single production line, but they’ve said (quite a while ago) that backers come first.

Also, I imagine they have more orders for the 8KX (than the 8K+) and it’s more expensive, so they ought to be manufacturing the 8KX first, if they could. I would think that (since most of the parts are shared between the headsets) they could build either, if they weren’t still tweaking the design of the 8KX.

Hopefully they are still fiddling with parts related to the 10m cable. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Still no update on return labels.

3 Likes

@Konger, can you please provide an update on the 8KX backer “loaner headset” return labels? When are they expected to be sent to the backers? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi neal_white_iii, we will give an update on this issue. @Lenny

Lenny is our new colleague as Matthew will not take care of the forum and Lenny is taking over forum.

B.R.
Konger

5 Likes

Thanks for your questions. I will communicate with China colleague, hopefully, can answer your question shortly, thanks.

1 Like

So, Kevin just did an interview where he says 8K-X units are starting to ship out… but backers don’t even have return labels yet, so… where are our return labels?

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s not what @PimaxUSA said in the interview… 8K+ units in small quantities had been sent out.

EDIT: I guess I didn’t listen very well:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-artisan-to-feature-nolo-vr-tracking-controllers-pimax-4k-like-headphones/24842/6?u=drwilken

2 Likes

Ok so the 8kx is shipping now to backers? So has anyone received a tracking no ?

I think it was just the 8K+ which started shipping the earliest builds (which is a very limited number). The 8KX is still being tweaked. The MAS is not yet ready (planned to start shipping by the end of January), so it should be included with the 8KX when it starts shipping in quantity (hopefully in March).

3 Likes

He says about 9:45 in that the 8K X’s will start shipping the week after CES. I would think those would go to some of the early backers, which I think are peeps that could have loaners out. So since that means they start shipping not this week coming up but the next week, then they would definitely need to get moving on getting these loaners returned. The video is posted in another topic, but here it is again: Pre-CES Interview with Pimax COO Kevin Henderson - Artisan to come with Nolo VR Tracking/Controllers - YouTube

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I had watched the video previously, but missed that tidbit.

3 Likes

Is it @Lenny or @Amy who is supposed to be looking at an update on this please?

Or will you be shipping backers 8kX’s without returning loan units first?

1 Like

It’s been 8 days since we were told we should hear something “shortly”. If Kevin’s timeline is correct, the start of 8K X shipments will be next week, and this needs to be addressed. @Heliosurge are you able to shake some trees since people are tagging steps with no response? Seems like a relatively time-sensitive issue.

2 Likes