8K screens same than the 4K model?

When the primary upgrades you want to demonstrate include room scale capability, and you need to travel light and have very few prototypes, I find it quite reasonable that the first demo isn’t a simpit. By your description, the game takes some setting up, and won’t be intuitive without third party specialized controls. The test we’ve seen (that’s been linked twice now) was with a gamepad. And you’re still ignoring that the features you demand demonstration of won’t show in the medium you demand they be showed in.

You don’t need room scale for simracing.
I would like to see a video thru lens of Pcars in the traffic, that’s quite simple isn’t it?

It would show more than any comment and all what we need to know about the 8K.

It’s too late anyway, you will have to see anything you want by yourself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@gp20 STOP TROLLING. Sim racing has been demoed to various people. You were shown video of someone trying project cars and saying they loved it.

Dont accuse people of making a dumb comment and just keep repeating yourself.

3 Likes

> We use customized low persistence liquid (CLPL) display.

CLPL is a new patented display tech we developed with our partner for VR specifically.
CLPL display featured with less liquid respond time and higher refresh rate. We have completely eliminated ghosting and improved brightness with the CLPL display. CLPL tech is on the same level with OLED in VR era. There are only minor differences in color contrast/temperature between CLPL and OLED. Also, CLPL can reach higher PPI/PPD with the same cost.
Our co-founders have over 20 years experience in display era, including many years in VR. Some of the core team members come from display industry and maintain close relationships with display suppliers. That’s one of the reasons why we care about visual so much.

And another point, a different pixel pattern compared to Pimax 4K, which confirms the use of different displays:

4 Likes

In conclusion you can’t provide a video thru lens of project cars in the traffic.

That’s all i wanted to know, thanks for your kindness.

A pimax employee told an exposition visitor that the 8k display is from Japan. So it most likely is a Sharp display again. It might be a (software)customized version of the panel that Sony is using in their new Xperia XZ premium, that would be my guess, because I doubt Sharp is making several hardware versions a year of their 4k panel.

You really need to try it. Lol

Colors look miles better on the 8k. No ghosting that I saw & proffesional reviews have said no ghosting. 4k was restricted to 60hz. These panels are capable of 90hz. Atm input stable 75- 82mhz.

2 Likes

Hi Troll20,

sorry to say but you blew the disguise right upfront. If you start this question AFTER the Ks campaign has ended you prove yourself to not seek any othe purpose than trolling. Backers cannot back out now, and others will have to wait till they can purchase the 8K in retail, and then they can check out reviews as much as they want. So there is no point to your question as whatever PJC testing would be conducted now, it would not change anything anymore. Sorry, need to be smarter when trolling next time.

@Heliosurge: is there a ignore functionality one can activate for the forum so I can filter out comments from people I feel have nothing to contribute to the discussion here ? You seem to be quite familiar with this forum (and not a troll yourself although you sometimes feed them too much for my liking :wink:)

2 Likes

Not off hand will look more into it.

Just under Topic Controls you can Mute the topic from sending notifications.

As for feeding. Just let me know when I do take the bait. :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

4 Likes

Feeding is part of the game :wink: But yeah a proper igonre function would be great