8k+ Pre-Alpha Firmware 110hz

Hi,

If you are interested to give it a try on the pre-alpha firmware, we will release the download link via PM.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Hey Quorra, I’m having some issues with the firmware. I pmed you and created a thread :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hi Vrftw,

Yes sir, we got the message. We will ask the technician for the solution.
Will reply on the PM.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Oki, I deleted the thread. Just wanted to make sure I’m as short as possible without my Pimax working :3

1 Like

Hello,

The 110Hz FW is currently for 8K+ with serial number 206 and up.

If you failed to upgrade the 110Hz FW, and wish to revert back to 260FW, please don’t use the firmware located in Pitool folder.

Please kindly hit this link for the 260Hz FW.

If you met with any problems, please PM us.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

Any idea when it will be available for serials under 206? :open_mouth:

Hi Vrftw,

Our software engineers are working on this FW.
Hopefully we are success to develop it and release to our users.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Hey i want to try it too… thx

Count me in too!!!
@PimaxQuorra

I’d love to try this out, too.

Hi all, just a short feedback:

I had a first try with a pre alpha that resulted in dark LCD’s for me at the beginning of the week. Quora and the Dev Team provided a second pre alpha version fast and…

I just gave that one a try with BoneWorks in 110hz, about 220%SS and Large FOV in Steam and conservative FFR - Looks good ! Running at 100hz stable!

Not sure if the image was a bit more jumpy (like distant pixels not quite as smooth, but I guess that is a bone works configuration thing as I have AA off and was messing with it before the 110hz FW.

Actually in many places it looks better visually for me - not sure why.

Did a very short check on Alyx (just before you enter the “last” cube). The surrounding seemed better in depth perception to me then before and maybe a bit sharper? Might be the cold doing tricks, but it was definitely rather better, then the same as before
In Alyx it is harder to keep 110hz depending on the configuration SS, AA, FOV, FFR and in Game Quality (ULTRA for me).

I haven’t thoroughly tested (got a cold) and did just a quick check and start up of those two games, but it looks very promising!!

I have an 2063… 8k+.

Thanks @ Quora and also to the Dev’s !

10 Likes

Received and working the second firmware.

Thanks

@PimaxQuorra, I want to test the version with 110 hertz.

From my testing Boneworks looks really pixelated with FFR.

1 Like

Guys, post the firmware requests here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/pre-alpha-firmware-110hz-on-8k-plus/27907?u=trevorvr

2 Likes

How do I install the firmware exactly ?

Although I am just a fellow forum member and haven’t had access to it, I assume it’ll be similar to the firmware we received for our 2026 5k+ models to run 110Hz, which we installed via a firmware tool in the pitool program files. You run it, plug in the headset, it detects it, then you select the file.

2 Likes

Well… here a short guide:

1.) Get the new Firmware or the one you want, I keep mine in here (just so i know where they are, I made Firmware folder)

C:\Program Files\Pimax\Runtime\dfudriver\Firmware

–> latest pre alpha is something like “P2_RELEASE_M264… .dfu”
–> original is something like “P2_RELEASE_M260… .dfu”

2.) Be sure your drivers are up to date (445.87) and that you have the latest PiTool (V 1.0.1.258 -> post 2020.3.24 stuff) and windows is up to date -> use [windows] and type “winver” to show the version.

REBOOT Clean ! (never hurts)

1. Using the power shell in admin mode (just to be sure) start the dfu tool

Before Updating, if your have a Security Suit that is over sensitive, think about disabling it for a 10 Minutes, not that is starts messing with the FW Update.

4.) Select the Firmware and Update You should have 2.1.255.260 on the 8k+ and a Serial with 206…, the HMD needs to be on, then DFU will show the data of the current FW

then select the Firmware to update and hit download afterwards, if you are ready
! Do not disturb the process !

How do you know it worked? Well you’ll see :wink:

11 Likes

Great run down, very helpful.

Could you advise on the firmware version you have for the 2063 headset?

I have P2_DEBUG_M256_8KP_110HZ.dfu
it Runs 110hz but has some issues

thanks in advance

1 Like

I have another Version after that since my screens did not turn 9n with that one.
@PimaxQuorra can you give us a quick round up? Can I share that one to those in this thread? I guess you rather do it, so we know who is running what and what issues each bring?