Clean all previous headset settings
Check for virus and malware
Uninstall Virus Software and anti-malware applications
Then reinstall

You are an expert user but perhaps this tip work for you

do not perform a roomsetup etc inside Pitool
but only with steam

Hi Haibot,
Glad to serve for you,about How to redeem the Half-Life:Alyx into your Steam library.
Here will be a quick update on the game redemption.
For whom may concerned,
If you purchased the Index controllers from Pimax, but having issues to redeem the Half-Life:Alyx into your Steam library.
Please follow the instructions below.

1.Submit a ticket to Steam Support.
2.Explain to Steam the controllers are purchased from Pimax.
3.Give the serial numbers of the controllers (which are laser etched on the inner fin and start with FKL and FKR).
4.They will assist you to redeem the game.

Have a nice day.

Save Alyx and the Earth from the Combine.

If you have questions,please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Apple

Thanks! I havenā€™t tried this yet so Iā€™ll give it a shot next time I use my set up.

2 Likes

This is completely irrelevant to the post I made.

1 Like

Sorry,i give you the wrong post.
If your problem still not been solved,i think you can ask help for Pimax tech team.

Apple

1 Like

I have already done so.

1 Like

Hope your problem have been solved by Pimax tech team.

Apple

I also got this with my 8K+. Difference: itā€™s only the left display. And, with the release firmware, the display turns on again after some seconds and the lower half is filled with a completely static pixel mud:

In the right display and in the upper half of the left display the game continues quite normally. These are through-the-lens photos, because itā€™s not visible on a screenshot.

It also happend once in the games ā€œstrideā€ and ā€œshow it to meā€. But itā€™s only reproducable in HL:A, the way you discribed. I contacted the pimax support. Because it only occurs very rarely, I decided not to put it in RMA until further notice. They said they put the issue on the buglist.

1 Like

Shoot I havenā€™t tried Half Life: Alyx since I installed the newest version of Pitool and stuff. I hope mine isnā€™t this bad now. Interesting that it only happens in HL:A since I donā€™t really have any problems in other games other than my tracking constantly shaking.

Not sure if anyone else with an 8K+ has been having this issue where the tracking just constantly shakes when the headset is sitting still like this. My 8K did not do this but my 8K+ does.

So when I see this video I would not consider it a ā€œtracking problemā€. If you look at the middle plank, there is absolutely no movement. The other wooden planks are getting wider and narrower. The other things are wafting around very strangely, and then this flickering tree in the window on the left.

Try it out without SteamVR. You activate ā€œpimax homeā€ in pitool, this mini-app, where you are standing on this planetā€™s surface. Then is it gone or is it still there?

Have a look here, itā€™s not the solution to your problem butā€¦
Itā€™s what I the OP and others are trying to get Pimax to fix that exact problem. The bad tracking, im guessing you are using LH2.0ā€™s with your 8K+
https://community.openmr.ai/t/who-has-stable-lh-2-0-tracking-on-8kx/31984/335

It goes away whenever I switch from light house tracking to 9-Axis so I know that it is tracking related. The flickering tree and window arenā€™t my problem. I do know what is wrong with those and it is just my settings in PiTool. The shaking however is a problem. Its not really noticeable in games where there is a lot of movement but it is nauseating in things that require very precise visuals like when viewing a game with really high detail or something like really fast songs in beatsaber.

1 Like

Yep, that is exactly my case. I am using 2.0 ā€œValveā€ labeled basestations. Have you guys had any luck with fixing the issue over there?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.