8K is coming to Toronto, Amsterdam, San Francisco, and New York!

Hi Max, would 20th 8-10PM works for your schedule?

2 Likes

yes of course, thatā€™s will be perfect @deletedpimaxrep1

2 Likes

Added a Toronto User Testing Session: http://eepurl.com/c7nXRH
Please sign up in advance, so we can pick a location based on the number of people.

2 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1 It is done (stephane)

2 Likes

@PimaxVR Your signup form is quite broken. Some fields ask for open text replies, but form validation mentions they should be URLā€™s.

@deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu @bacon

1 Like

I added a few extra pokes to PiMax support personnel.

I ended up putting the URL of the NY VR expo for those 3 fieldsā€¦ I noticed this problem within minutes of them putting up the link and mentioned it to them on KS. No response.

Is this data collection simply for Pimax to gauge how many people are interested in visiting their booth or will they arrange a more in-depth demonstration? When you complete the form and respond to their email it simply says youā€™re added to their mailing list.

1 Like

So, the new prototype is ready as @Matthew.Xu confirmed. The big question though is, when can the public test it ? First possibility is Amsterdam ? @deletedpimaxrep1

Only 10 kickstarter days to go ā€¦

I believe Pimax said NY would be first to try out version 3 of the prototype this week at the NY VR expo which starts Thursday and ends Saturday.

2 Likes

Amsterdam starts thursday too. I guess weā€™ll need to wait till friday evening indeed for the first reviews.

Someone from Pimax said on KS comments that:

A: Iā€™m sorry that the new prototype and controller canā€™t experience the exhibition at Amsterdam and Barcelona.

So my question to @Matthew.Xu and @PimaxVR is: Where and when do you plan to demo the new prototype? There is quite a few people waiting for the review and apparently there are also reviewers waiting to be able to review it.

http://community.openmr.ai/t/8k-is-coming-to-toronto-amsterdam-san-francisco-and-new-york/3490/29?u=heliosurge

The tour in the US.

That and they did say they are working on scheduling some more private demos with hardware reviewers.

Hi, this issue should be fixed at present if I understood it correctly.

Thanks! Will we hear anything from the form? Iā€™ve signed up for Amsterdam, but the event already starts today. Will there be a followup?

@Spherix VR Days Amsterdam will continue until 27th this month. Next port is Hamburg, Germany.

1 Like

I am well aware, but I was wondering what the use of the signup form is if everyone can freely try the V2 prototype :slight_smile:

Hi @deletedpimaxrep1 London is confirmed ? do you know location and time ?

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu I have been told that the model that maybe can be tested in Barcelona, if it arrives, would be V2, but is the one with the IPD ajustment broken? Is it another unit or is has been repaired? May be another V3 model?

The v2 doesnā€™t have the ipd adjustment. The v3 has this feature implemented & working with other improvements.

1 Like