8k/5k+ HMD only pledge for sale. £1100

Looking to sell my 8k pledge as it seems I’ll need to buy a whole new PC to run the unit.
Basing my price on what the HMD-only pledges have gone for on eBay (minus £200).
My backer number is in the early 2600s.
Payment by paypal friends and family only.

I intend to simply change the delivery address to whatever you specify.

Increased your user level by 1.

If I might ask what is your system setup? For the most it should be just a gpu upgrade.

I have an i5-6500 16gig Ram & 1080 ti.

1 Like

My CPU is ok, 4th gen i7. But my aging 960 just won’t cut it. I’m not at all impressed by the new Nvidia series of cards and would rather wait out this generation and see what happens.

3 Likes

I’m curious, why did you back the headset when even back then they said you needed a 1070 minimum?

3 Likes

I was expecting (hoping?) that the new graphics cards available by the HMD launch (which I personally thought would likely be early 2019) would be worth upgrading to.

• edit: also I didn’t realise there would be so many titles that end up being CPU-throttled, thought my 4th gen i7 would never be a limiting factor.
1 Like

Is it the 4790? If so can work. @yanfeng I believe has this i7 (think k version)

http://community.openmr.ai/t/is-a-i7-4790k-enough/9256/2?u=heliosurge

1 Like

Well, for your GPU if you want to keep it you can upgrade to a 1080 for $350 and a 1080Ti for $550. That would probably be enough for awhile, at least until Zen 2 rolls around to upgrade your CPU.

3 Likes

@Heliosurge yeah thanks. Any upgrade of CPU means upgrade of mobo and RAM too though (from my CPU anyway).
@Serinity Thanks for the advice, I did consider it but I don’t really want to pay to upgrade into the previous generation. According to Sweviver even the 1080ti doesn’t give completely smooth gameplay on everything.

I really appreciate everyone’s input but I think if I find a buyer I will sit this generation out. If not… we’ll see.

1 Like

I also use the same 4790 i7 on both my test machines

1 Like

So it’s a 960 i7? 20 chars

yeah, currently 4790k with a 960.
20 chars?

1 Like

Min 20 characters per post.

I beleive your i7 rates higher than my i5. You should be good to upgrade gpu only.

1 Like

Your i7 is better than my i7 4770 3.4 MHz, which I’m not planning to upgrade. I have a 980Ti, which I will upgrade, probably to a 2080Ti, but I’m going to wait to see if it goes on sale (before I get my headset). It will likely be at least a couple of months before that happens.

2 Likes

The 960 is probably good enough for simple experiences with small FoV. There is plenty of time to find a good deal on 2nd hand 1080ti. That one will suffice, SweVivers expectation is just way over the top, he just praises the very very high end everything maxed…

2 Likes

Great way to make a quick buck. Pay $499, sell it for £1100. Then preorder much cheaper 5 mins later. Nice!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I did. Sold the 5K+ (deluxe), kept the 8KX (basic). The profit is a bit more than I paid for the 8KX pledge, thus free HMD in the end :smiley:

4 Likes

I feel in the same boat, my pc is better but clearly I’m going to need a much better gpu and since the pimax has been delayed so much my life has started to move one (hopefully another baby on the way!). I’m seriously considering selling too…

1 Like

I don’t really mean to be the demon on your shoulder here, but considering what the pledges are going for on Ebay and the like…

money, money. money! :grinning:

1 Like