5K+ Tracking Stuttering Only In Games

I have the same issue than Dantestyle on SkyrimVR.
It used to work like a charm maybe 3 months ago. I think there was an update with Pitool 1.0.1.132 in-between (I don’t remember firmware), I’ve tested SkyrimVR now and it’s absolutely unplayable, full of stutters starting right after the loading screen (not modded, by the way).
I’ve installed Pitool 1.0.1.180, upgraded firmware to 2.1.255.244, nothing. Re-Installed 1.0.1.129, still no improvement (I don’t know how to downgrade firmware). Nvidia driver is 430.

EDIT: Actually, even with iRacing it’s unplayable, whereas it used to work very well.

Performance is not an issue as it was working well before and I have a beast.

Thank you for your advice.

Can you post your specs?

There were a beta version SteamVR update 1-2 days ago; It switched my settings to theirs recommended. Check again your stemvr booth general and per application settings.

2 Likes

So I’ve given it another shot with new Nvidia driver 442.19, still no improvement
Windows 10 64bits
Geforce GTX2060
AMD Threadripper 1900X
16Gb RAM
Currently PiTool v1.0.1.197 and firmware v2.1.255.244.
Weird thing is FFR seems to switch between active and inactive every 4 seconds and 6 seconds as displayed in PiTool
Smart smoothing inactive

I don’t know how to reset SteamVR settings, by the way.
Please help, I’d really like to have my VR working, like it was back in September…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.