5K plus and MSFS 2020

Has anyone ever got the 5K plus to work in regular VR with MSFS 2020? All I can get is theater mode. :frowning:

This guide may help.

make sure the theatre mode option is not checked in steamvr/steam options.

Can’t find steamvr/steam option

Forget SteamVR. have you tried using PimaxXR Control Center? You can forget SVR all together.

You’ll need Steam open if you bought MSFS on Steam, but DO NOT open SVR.
Run PimaxXRCC and select radio button for PimaxXR.
Launch MSFS from PITOOL/MYGAMES.
MSFS will load as usual but you will notice SVR does not load. You jump in and out of VR with what ever keystrokes you had set.

DCS is that easy as well.

2 Likes

Yes do what dogbite suggests it’s better than SteamVR. But for reference, iirc for theatre mode toggle click on the game in steam library and go in properties and untick the theatre mode box.

1 Like

Thank you dogbite, but is this advice, especially for the Pimax 5k plus. Because I know these things work for the 8K X which the Microsoft flight simulator seems to work flawlessly for but not on the 5K plus. Microsoft flight simulator doesn’t seem to see the headset at all even with Windows mix reality and OpenXR Toolkit running in the background. All I can get is the theater mode for the 5K plus. But DCS seems to work for me with the 5K plus but not very well. Anyway, have you used it with the new Pimax client. So I know you posted this about six days ago so I won’t try anything until I get a reply from this reply, so thank you again for your reply.

I am using a 5K+. Works fine.

If you haven’t been playing MSFS, you can also use Nvidia DLSS and it supports parallel projection settings in sim so no PP in pitool. These also reap additional performance gains. DX12 support is in beta. I don’t use that atm.

1 Like

It worked thank you so much. Now it’s a matter of tweaking things. Thank you again, :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.