5K+ Having Unknown Issues

I’ve been searching for a fix for the past month with no results.
The issue is, basically, my 5K+ thinks it’s an 8K.
When I turn it on, the light is green and installs to windows with P2A drivers (where 5k+ is P2C)
I have to finnick with it for an hour doing random things, such as uninstalling specific drivers and turning it on while holding the volume up button, but it doesn’t fix it every time.
Leaving the Pimax on doesn’t work either, as pitool starting causes my headset to reboot, making it green again.
I’ve gotten to a point where nothing I try works, and I’m wondering if anyone here knows anything about this issue.

1 Like

Hi @Peak and welcome

I recommend to remove all the pimax drivers and Pitool and download the latest one from here: https://community.openmr.ai/c/Pimax-pitool/Pitool-Notes

1 Like

Hi, I’ve tried that in the past many times, It can fix it but it’s not guaranteed to, when using the pimax on another PC the issue persists.

1 Like

Bumped your user level & title.

Does your headset work though?
I’m not familiar with those model names (p2c, p2a)
@Heliosurge @DrWilken

1 Like

Have you filed a support ticket if so what is your ticket number?

What is the first 3 serial numbers

1 Like

My headset works mostly when it wants to. When I fiddle with it enough and the front light turns blue, it works perfectly.
The P2A Drivers install on windows with an 8k, and the P2C Drivers install with a 5K+

1 Like

I haven’t opened a support ticket, the first 3 of SN are 203.

1 Like

I’d recommend filing a support ticket.

1 Like

s/n starting with 203 should definitely be a 5k+

Tbh, not sure about what the chevron color should be.
Support request here:
https://store.pimaxvr.com/helpdesk/personal-user-support-2/submit

Edit. Wasn’t there an option to choose the chevron color in some of the latest pitool? Could it have mixed something up?
Does the Pitool identify your headset as 5k+?

1 Like

No, changing the color to blue through pitool doesn’t fix it. Pitool’s convinced it’s an 8k.
Also opened up a ticket.

The light on top may even turn green sometimes, but the lenses stay dark.

4 Likes

Cool. There might be delays in answering your ticket since most of the Pimax staff are not at work due the virus outbreak.

3 Likes

I’ve heard flashing the Pimax may help. Is there some way to flash it with Firmware specific to the 5k+?

The firmware with Pitool is for both 5k & 8k models. If you post your ticket number @PimaxQuorra might be able to assist with getting a tech assigned. But as Trevor said might be delayed due to CNY.

2 Likes

The support ticket is #23,478

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.