5K+ Arrived Today

Don’t bother lol. Why does it matter as long as you don’t see it, even if it is actually there? So don’t TRY to look for it, or it can’t be unseen

2 Likes

Yeah, if you don’t see the black dots naturally, then don’t hunt for them. Especially since they are not giving replacements for it anyway.

4 Likes

Sebastian’s 5k unit originally like SweViver & Voodoode came from the Berlin Meetup. Sweviver fisr mentioned the dots just after & the zoomed pics shown by yanfeng, Sweviver etc showed the dots.

Pimaxvr explained the dots. After all the picks if I focus on finding them sure. But as many said including Spam it’s not really a bother once you get playing games. Much like how folks got used to sde in 1st gen.

My unit was in the first batch. I knew they were there before I received the 5k+. Though as said might be part of what I said about white lettering showing screen limits of both hesdsets.

Also the fact that the first 2 headsets Spam received had them suggests with pimaxvr’s statement this is not a small number made & no one at the Berlin meet seemed bothered by them.

1 Like

Not impossible. Everyone is not the same & we have very few backers here if the dot pattern was that big of an issue. The fact you see them csm just suggest that the ratio of folks whom can see it is higher than the tap wobble test effect on the 8k.

Yes everyone @karrtoon showed the 8k wobble test to could see it 2.

still disagree. :wink: you have good eyesight or not, nothing to do with color or religion.

and to say very few backers have a problem with the dots is a big understatement. I say that as one of the backers that indeed does not have a big issue with these dots. the dots may be an issue but the way bigger issue is that there are two different displays and pimax telling us a fairytale about enhancing contrast with dots. so anyone without the dots has an inferior display then?

come on :smirk: most of us wouldn’t be here if we weren’t tech enthusiasts… we do know a little something about that stuff.

just face it pimax: we acknowledge and confirm the dots. We are aware. WE DO NOT REPLACE THESE DOT HMD’s and consider them not as a fault.

less giberish, more solutions pimax. hell oculus never gave a sh** about anything I did ask them ever.

You’d also need a PC from 2025 to run it! haha (assuming you mean 8K X BE)

Do you have a golf club attachment?

So you would. I have 20/20 and can see them on ocassion after all the zoomed pics makes it easier to identify. Much like doing the latency tap test on the 8k.

Again you are sensitive to it & have seen it. If it was as big of an issue with folks seeing it or being a deal breaker the forum would be swamped with ppl.

So as I disagree with other fellow 8k backers that the latency wobble is not an issue. Folks like Seb & karrtoon see it differently.

I accept after all this time it’s an issue for you now as it is with others whom see it that way. Either from the first day received or the ones that needed time to become that way.

We are all different even with good sight. If you want a competition sorting parts for porosity is a good contest. My old boss in car parts had to change his mind on telling me “please be picky” to that’s acceptable. If you know what porosity is even a little can reduce life of the metal part especially a rotating contact surface.

But agreef the dot pattern was confirmed in week 1 & was confirmed it was meant to be there.

1 Like

If the person is sensitive to it and the newer backer HMD’s have almost no back dots shouldn’t pimax replace their HMD with one of those? I mean it sounds like pixmax has a solution to the users issue. Probably would be a prudent business move to swap.

Not my place to dictate change to their policies. It was a known issue of the 5k+ within the first couple of weeks. Folks made the choice to change with tjis known info. Much like the 8k’s pentile like display & 80hz.

Really? Wow sorry but that is a pretty unacceptable line right there especially if newer HMD’s do not have this. The idea that people knew it was an issue is also crazy since I did not see it at the backer meet up and 0 people mentioned it there. I would say most backers do not read these forums and only come here after they have the HMD looking for help. Yes I know this is your view. But I think Pimax needs to step up if people feel the black dots bother them which might not be that many if the “issue” has been mitigated

Berlin meetup didn’t have complaints either. But Sweviver reported on dot pattern after taking one of the 5k+ home from meetup. & was in any number of zoomed pics of the 5k+. Robin explained the dot pattern purpose & that most should not see it. Most thus far seems possibly valid. But we’ll need all to buy expensive cameras to verify those who don’t see it actually have it.

Do you have a $300+ camera? (Pricing might be lower than estimate for what needed)

No but I’m sure pimax does. Is their stance that every HMD they shipped has the same black dot pattern and darkness? because it really sounds like later backers are getting ones that do not have visible dots. I guess i will find out tomorrow. Again I think pimax should do the right thing and replace if early backers got LCD’s where the dots are more visible and it bothers them.

Then folks will want the same if the 8k has some kind of difference. As one said often better to have a higher number for potential improvements along the way.

We can only wait & see how things are accepted good & bad. Like I said most of the problems would have been avoided by sticking with what was pledged for with no switches.

You notice the “swim” in the peripheral at all. I also got mine yesterday and was overall pleased. The image quality was better than I expected. Still have to tinker around a bit when I have time today.

1 Like

Awesome you received 5k+?

The 5k+ wasn’t even a backer option in the kickstarter. Also I don’t think they are selling the 5k (non plus) anymore. But really they shouldn’t be sending out products with this. If they improved it after the first 1k were produced it means they shouldn’t have produced the 1k hmd’s in the first place. They should have went back to the panel supplier and said these are not good and waited until the issue was fixed.

Agreed they should have sent the kickstarter 5k instead of upgrading folks(without giving option not to choose whether to upgrade 5k+ or not). Even with the dot pattern known & explained it is normal, before offering option to switch. Should have just been the kickstarter 5k.

5k was said was going to be sold in some regions. Though if can be sold for less should be offered for those whom want a more pocket friendly Wide FoV.

No I just mean an 8k+BE with an RGB stripe pixel layout not Pentile

I did print out the pieces but havent assembled them yet, it’s on the to do list now.

1 Like