2023...February...and...Pimax 12k when?

I’m pretty sure that’s a pre-production 12k.
Could be wrong- but that was my impression from the blog stream SweViver did with MRTV

1 Like

Accidental double post

I agree with the ‘limiting’ of the market factor. Though personally, I think with the 12K itself, the proposed features, high level specs, and PRICE that comes along with it will be limiting in itself. IMO, ppl who’ll shelve out the $,$$$ for the 12K will also shelve out the $,$$$ for any GPU that would support it.

That in itself cuts out much of the market IMO.

1 Like

Pimax announced the 12k in 2021 with a rendered video of specs. CES2023 Pimax are secretive about the 12k?

No imo Pimax are working on a new 8k device.

1 Like

i’m beginning to think this too. the 8kx and its accessories like the cable is only being sold to japan and australia now probably because they have some stock left there but nowhere else, i think something is in the works to replace it.

1 Like

8kx Pro lol

Anything is possible of course, but I think you’re deriving a conclusion from speculation rather than actual evidence. Let’s wait and see.
Facts:

1. Pimax has been working on an announced headset called the 12K.
  2. Pimax Demonstrated an advanced headset to select visitors with an NDA in place.

Speculation:
Said headset must be something entirely new.

So… it’s certainly possible but there are no data points to suggest that conclusion.
However… a higher ppd 8K model, presumably with aspherical lenses, is an interesting idea. It begs the question ‘why?’ though.

Why because 12k is never going to get native rendering - not with a 4090. Why wait for 12k and Display port 2.0 when all you’ll get is a down scaled, compressed image? A signal that cant be sent over Wifi6e, or even 60gig smoothly.

Get out an 8k native device in 2024 after Crystal has had it’s day this year.

No doubt Apple, Valve, etc are all going 8k and I’m sure they’ll do it better.

You and your sweeping pronouncements! :grin:
Still no evidence, just assertions based on speculation.
There are a couple of options, as I understand it, besides using do 2.0.

1. Data compression.
  2. Using two times 1.4 display ports.

Have you seen the guts of a 12K? Do you know what the final specs are going to be?
No. And nor do I.
SweViver and Josh both say the 12K is next in the release line up.
And Martin estimates release sometime later this year. On the next dimension livestream he mentioned August 2023 as a possibility.
So… are you saying that both Martin and Josh are lying? You must be in order to even formulate your arguments.
As to your other assertion that other companies will undoubtedly do a better job. Wow. None of them had a match for the 8KX two years ago.
For somebody who claims to want the best for Pimax, you certainly throw a lot of vitriol at them.

2 Likes

I’d rather not tell you that I’ve been rendering higher resolutions for months. :joy:

1 Like

Well yes we have seen the guts of the 12k because they are the same guts as the Crystal. Pimax have told us the specs of the 12k are the same as the Crystal apart from the lenses and displays.

Where are the FoV results? What did Sweviver say about the front Sticker? Non of them spotted the Lens design flaw when it was on their heads. Where’s the Wigig module for the 5k+ kickstarter? Come on man do you believe these people?

A match as in FoV? Are you forgetting StarVR One with 210 FoV? A shame StarVR One didn’t get the resolution upgrade it needed before getting shelved as that headset had potential.

The 8kX has it’s place for a small number of enthusiast users but that’s not enough for wide adoption or to keep Pimax afloat. Other companies like Valve built headsets to sell and look how well they did. Why because it ticked all the boxes for mainstream users.

There’s no point hoping Pimax will some day get it right and no other company can do wide FoV. We’ve seen the 4k displays in the pipeline so pretending it’s not coming is just putting your head in the sand.

And of course I want Crystal and the 12K to be a success but they won’t be while the COO sits on another continent while logistics has hit the fan. lol

Then just keep writing in the Valve or Apple forum and push things “forward” there

2 Likes

Really? Why does Nvidia say otherwise?

How do you get more than 8K native?

Think about it! :wink:

1 Like

@atmos So answer the question. Are they lying? Or are you suggesting the two of them are just stupid? Good grief. Let’s wait and see what happens as the Crystal rolls out and after. Now excuse me while I go learn how to block a user.

Click their name on the post. Their profile will come up. At the upper right, there will be a button that starts out saying “Normal”. Click it and select “Ignored”.

I highly recommend using this feature on these forums. There’s only a few posters that make the whole place toxic, and the administration seems unwilling to ban them. You won’t be missing anything useful by not seeing their posts.

Thanks @sargon.

You accuse others of being toxic after saying as soon as another company makes wide FOV headsets you’ll dump Pimax for being trash?

Maybe you shoud be banned @Sargon

I won’t miss your monologues that’s for sure.

That is due to the number of complaints being lower than your personal belief as people do not seem to share your perception. But some have even made complaints about some that complain and have also been advised to use the mute option as well.

For example during the Original KS we had a member whom was muted by a number of the community when they were made aware of the option. The system after x number of mutes will send the muted user and staff a notification. Was quite successful as he made changes. As of today’s date no one has since hit that threshold. The Threshold is as low as 5.

And only 1 member has made complaints that they don’t find the mute function of value due to them seeing others still interact with those they had muted.

Good eyetracking could be the answer. What I fear is when our 5k+ and 8kx are going to fail? If Pimax doesn’t get ready fast enough the 12k, we could find ourselves with a broken hmd that we can’t trade for a discount for the 12k.

1 Like