12th August Update - Discussion

I vote a baker’s dozen of months until Pimax starts shipping… from kickstarter first announced /s

1 Like

Pimax has been in the oven baking too long now, and the competition is turning up the heat.

1 Like

Any ideas what time exactly stavr reveal is?

10:30 Am PT according to this article.
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/08/13/1550896/0/en/Media-Advisory-StarVR-to-Showcase-the-Next-Generation-of-Premium-Virtual-Reality-Experiences-at-SIGGRAPH-2018.html

2 Likes

Thats 7:30PM in my place… :frowning:

1 Like

Sounds pricey, like higher than Vive Pro pricing

3 Likes

Tomorrow looks interesting though the Article is pointing Commercial & enterprise… Which suggests a non consumer release.

5 Likes

About person who using gpu which lower than 1080. If I have a choice I will not choose to swap to be 5k.

I just buy 1070 before the campaign and then I back fullset of 8k, if I know that I have to buy 1080 or more, may I will back 8k x since the first times, so 5k is not a good choice for someone. But I understand that 8k x has more cost of shipping for pimax, because pimax have to send 8k x to change with 8k and will have a lot of 8k which already used. So you can’t give this option for consideration right now.

@deletedpimaxrep1

1 Like

gimme a “c” :smiley: bakers…

So definitely not for consumers

3 Likes

Says commercial sector!.. Starvr can kiss my hairy sheriffs star!

4 Likes

That insult is a new one for me, mind if I steal it?

1 Like

I’m 90% happy with this update

3 Likes

Then why are they demoing Arizona sushine? looks to me like they want to cover all sectors

Arizona sunshine? A waveshooter where almost nothing really moves? That is a demo? You can do that on a 1060. Hardly a challenge.

2 Likes

It says that the arizona sunshine is an arcade version…not the pc version

1 Like

No. It’s wave shooter mode. Not the full game. Perfect for shows

What are you talking about? It’s just as demanding as the full game. Far more demanding than fruit ninja :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vr Arcades comes to mind for commercial use.

1 Like

I don’t understand how eye tracking could come up with distortion algorithms for the headset. As far as I know, pimax are looking at mounting the eyetrackers on your side of the lens, looking straight at your eye and determining where your pupil is. Yet distortion algorithms are dependent on the screens and lenses and stuff inside the hmd, and actually have nothing to do with the observer…or am I missing something here?

I don’t think latency is necessarily an issue with eye tracking. There’s already uses with low latency. This stuff already exists. The problem with foveated rendering is it does not exist. It’s obviously much more difficult than it appears on the surface or else it would definitely be to market.

90% chance most backers…sounds less confident than “very low risk” of hmds not being delivered by Feb 2018.

2 Likes