12K Reality VR Preliminary Specs

So… I think it was mentioned a month or so ago that the 12K QLED (Reality) VR headset was at least 70% completed.

Can we get some kind of preliminary spec sheet of what we’re to expect from this headset?
I mean, the price has already been floating around there a bit. over $2000 for it.
I figure we got some kinda price floating around. How about more on the specs of this then?

@PimaxUSA

Nope. Can we interest you in a Portal though? It’s a nice handheld device and you can also use it for VR!!

Yup, definitely too early to talk about 12k.
Like, 12k is the Everest. Everyone knows “it’s there”, but to really get there, still a long journey to go.

Haha… Ok Besides a better FoV, better resolution/display, different lenses and the automatic waffle-maker functionality, what else is there that’s overly different from the Crystal? :crazy_face:

ask tobii :wink:

I’ve asked repeatedly for them to simply acknowledge that the displays are finalized. (Presumably that would comprise 10% the 20-30% that is unfinished from Crystal). We were given 120,400,000 subpixels and a 3:2 aspect ratio. Just tell me the horizontal and vertical resolutions please.

asuming a rgb matrix its 1/3rd and half from that would be per eye so about 20.000.000 pixel per eye
so ~ 5475 x 3650 per eye for a 3:2 display

edit: 6k as comparsion (12k in VR would be 2 x 6k in video world)
6K as 16:9 (HD) = 5760 x 3240
6K as 3:2 = 5760 x 3840

1 Like

Yep that’s what everyone but PIMAX is coming up with. I just want PIMAX to specify.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.