1080ti + i7 9700/i9 9900 + 5k+ strength on Skyrim VR(or special edition with vorpX) - questions

Hay all :slight_smile:

This is to those with Skyrim VR and/or Skyrim Special Edition + vorpX.

Could you tell me if its possible to have a smooth 60fps frame rate when running mods that give hi-res textures, more animals, better/moving trees+foliage, more foliage etc, those sorta mods on the 5k+ with a 1080ti and something like an i7 9th gen 9700 or an ii9 9900 cpu?

Thx for any help and advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have too much problem with SkyrimVR. It seems to be decent on resources. @fresco runs its on both a 980ti & 1080ti.

He runs mods at least on his 1080ti & you have a beefy system with a 1080ti.

Pretty stable.

1 Like

thx for the reply, especially with it being positive! hehe :slight_smile:

Hoping @Fresco will respond with his first-hand experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recommend you spring for Skrim VR, scale is right, hand controllers work great, no Vorpx overhead should perform better with mods. I haven’t got my 5K+ yet, but I run my Rift and a modded Skyrim VR runs way better than a modded Vorpx version. They have put it on 1/2 price on occasion.

3 Likes

Does a gfx modded Skyrim VR look as good as a gfx modded Skyrim SE?

and thx for that, hadn’t thought of the extra overhead that vorpX could cause, cheers :slight_smile:

p.s. No intention of using the hand controllers, I have Skyrim PSVR right now and found the move controllers to not be worth the hassle, even with a physical mod of strapping the left controller to the dual shock and using that in my left hand so I have proper movement and the right controller in my right hand.

Way better. Has to be SE mods but here’s my (so far) and they are excellent.

A Quality World Map
Apocalypse
Birds of Skyrim SSE Edition
Book Covers Skyrim
Cutting Room Floor
Enhanced Blood Textures
Glowing Arrows V3 SSE - The Remaster Edition
HD Road Signs - 2K and 4K
Imersive Characters Overhaul
Lanterns of Skyrim SE
Lightweight Grass Overhaul
Obsidian Weathers and Seasons
Realistic Lighting Overhaul (RLO) SSE All-In-One Installer
Realistic Ragdolls and Force
Realistic Water Two
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul
RS Children Overhaul
RUSTIC CLOTHING - Special Edition
Skyrim 2017 Textures by Pfuscher
Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE
SkyrimVR - USSEP Compatibility Patch
Sounds of Skyrim Complete SE
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Unique Uniques SE
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
WICO - Windsong Immersive Chracter Overhaul
Zim’s Immersive Artifacts V1.4

3 Likes

If its running great for you with a rift I’m very curious what your comp details are? cpu+moterboard+ram+gfx card?

Also, is that your mod boot order too? and no 3d Audio mod? :open_mouth:

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry for the late response just found your post this morning.

Any time you can find a true VR port at least imho it would be favorable to using VorpX, There are some however that prefer using vorpx to mod SE.

SkyrimVR is a well optimized game so you should have no problem.

I run it with 195 active mods using my 1080ti and many of which are hd pks. 1k,2k,4k,.

Just to note the more mods you use you can expect decreasing performance each fps loss of 1 or 2 add up and then you have to start worrying about load order and merging mods. I like to keep it simple and enjoy more time in game than tweaking, luckily I did not use a load order tool this time and everything is working.

Fun

I’m off to experiment more with vorpX and a few favorite games I’m now trying. Oblivion, s.t.a.l.k.e.r. soc, Re 7, and the newly released Call of Cthulhu.

Cheers

2 Likes

Interesting list here dogbite, I recognize a few that i’m using as well. The neat thing about it depending on what mods we try based on experience or personal preference we can make the VR world of Skyrim unique and individual. Probably no two modded Skyrims are exactly the same.
I use from your list;

Lanterns of Skyrim SE
USSEP
A Quality World Map
USSEPP

thats about all that I share from your list in common from my 195 active mods that I’m now using, many mods from your list i have tried in the past but for this playthrough my choices have been very different.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu, SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, Oculus CV1 (3 sensors) 16 gig, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers/110 watt Sony amp. Logitech 580 watt 5:1 surround speakers.

2 Likes