.103 beta - blue screen and OS instability?

Opening this thread cos I want know if any of you experiencing “blue screen” and OS instability with beta pitool and new features. Frequently 2~3 times per day receiving bluescreen refering to drivers ( to be honest don’t know which one) or system hangs /stutter
All changes during a week was new beta Pitool installation .103. My firmware is .191.
Is there newest one out ? Any of you experiencing that issue or it’s only my system ?

I don’t have to even play demanding vr games, it just happend to me. Only removing Pimax DP cable from gfx slot temporary solves system slowdowns or hangs. My gfx card is Asus Strix RTX 2080TI, updated drivers.

@Sean.Huang @anon74848233

Summary
Hardware error
Date
2/4/2019 12:16 AM
Status
Not reported

Description
The hardware problem caused the Windows system to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff948e4bd68010
Parameter 2: fffff8076733ce38
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 33b8
Operating system version: 10_0_17763
Service pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Operating system version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
Regional settings identifier: 1045

2 Likes

So far so good on my system. But W10 is about a month & half behind updates & steamvr v1.14.

Running pitool 103b & 191 firmware is the latest as it came with pitool 103b.

I had this issue but I thought it was from my new 2080 I had just installed. I removed the graphics driver and reinstalled then downgraded to .91 version and it stopped happening.

Which headset did receive?

5k+ late February, TX, US

1 Like

Thanks @anon74848233 please add to Earlybackers

This Pitool issue might be specific to RTX cards. Today nvidia relased a new gfx drivers. Checking…

Installed new drivers . The same issues, PC 2 with FFR or without FFR hangs after 2 min. Meh…

1 Like

Same. I have multiple hard crashes per day. System reboots and I get to start all over and cross my fingers it doesn’t happen again. The silence about the (now-pulled) beta software is frustrating to say the least.

However, I will say that when it is functioning, the smoothing works very well. I look forward to get a more stable release.

2 Likes

I had a huge blue screen problem after I Recevied my Pimax. I finally figured that Windows 1809 was having problems updating. Expanded my storage, corrected the updating issues and have recovered without any issues. Not sure if this is your issue but it was a pain for a while

1 Like

“corrected the updating issues”

What does this mean? What did you do to correct these issues?

Wasn’t pulled they had a server issue. If someone hadn’t posted it on Google drive for download. I would have posted a link myself as Sean sent me the request if I could.

But a user was able to beat me to it. Better inet connection than my phone in the boonies. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

I tried so many different fixes I can’t say which one worked. I was googling Blue screen issues and a lot of fixes came up. One of my big issues was not enough space on my OS drive. Once I updated that, it was still stuck updating. I can’t tell you which fix worked. You can start with “SFC scannow” in command prompt.

1 Like

That sounds more possible as I haven’t had crashes. But my w10 needs about a month & half to close to 2 months updates.

While pitool is up to date. Steamvr is at 114 on my machine. At VRTO meetup saw Steamvr was at 127.

Looks like my Asus Strix 2080 TI is dying even in 2D games right now where temps are low like 60 Cel. and 1400mhz core clock. Artefacting and freez in PC 2, Divinity Orginal Sins 2 ( 2d) , hangs in Ed , IL 2 ( checked 2d and VR)

Tryied different nvidia drivers ( at least 3 including yesterday drivers) , clean installation , and that not helped. Pimax is disconnected ( DP and USB pluged off)
No OC on card. Damn

RMA or any other idea ? It just happend 1 days after .103 firmware installation.
PSU is “gold” 850 W

Edit : Solved
Just removed RevoDrive Pcie-X SSD drive which occupated the same IRQ with GFX card. This 8 years old revo drive was in pcie 4 slot on my mobo and starts generating voltage issue in my system… I’m very happy its only one of my drive… LOL

3 Likes

I don’t think it was Pimax that is killing your card, the 20xx series cards are dying all over the place because of bad memory. I read somewhere about bad Micron memory on the 20xx series.

3 Likes

Yep they die like fkies. I am pretty scaree about it too. Definatly not pimax’s fault though.

2 Likes

i have a 2080 and have been praying the quality issue is magically limited to ti’s

1 Like

Yeah that’s been a problem since day 1 on the 20series.