Your Real IPD with Pimax HMD after a lot of work. Future of eyetracking

I would do this:

• Adjust the physical hardware IPD to where You get the best clarity
  • Adjust IPD offset to match Your far IPD

My IPD is 64mm. On the 5K+ I used an offset of -1.5 and on the 8KX I use an offset of 0.

2 Likes

those numbers sound strange to me.
the minimum IPD of the 5k+ with zero IPD offset is 60mm (which means a center to center of the lenses distance of about 65mm).

to set an IPD at 64 this means that wheel offset + pitool IPD offset must equal +4mm
So, if you try to match the center of the lenses to your eyes (which I don’t recommend) you’ll have to set the lenses distance to the minimum with the wheel and compensate with a +4mm in the pitool IPD offset, certainly not a negative number.
I have a 63-64mm IPD, on my 5k+ I use a pitool IPD offset of +1.5 and the wheel adds another +2.5 mm to reach 64mm IPD.
I have an overall clear 3D image even if both of my eyes are never in the “sweet spot” at the same time.
If I tried to put the lenses as close to eachother as possible, (IPD 60) I’d have to add 4mm ipd offset to reach the same result, but beyond +2mm I find it hard for the eyes.

Now I’m confused too… :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.