Wow just played the new half 2 VR MOD,its amazing!

Not to mention. It-s much more fun than even hl alyx. Just fun!

I’m trying to launch the Half Life 2 VR mod for the first time, and I get a loading screen in VR for a couple of seconds, and then it just closes.

Looking at their discussions in steam, it looks like they expect you to upgrade your video drivers to exactly the 517.22 Vulkan Beta drivers in order for this mod to run.

Is that what other people are doing? I’ve upgraded to the most recent “game ready release drivers” (516.94), but that didn’t help.

I do not feel willing to run beta GPU drivers with my 8KX. That just sounds like a recipe for trouble when the Pimax drivers are fragile enough on their own.

Thats strange,i use these drivers also and dont have a problem on my pimax 8kx,what are the rest of your pc specs?

Turning off fixed foveated rendering in PiTool is what fixed this for me.

2 Likes

That fixed it! Thank you!

2 Likes

I tried to play it but the game freezes on start menue and shut downs, do i need some specific settings?
Oculus 2 no problems

1 Like

Turn off fixed foveated rendering in Pitool and it will work. @amorgeddon

It’s always close… Meaning off? I never messed with it

1 Like

Yeah it should be close. Are you using VRperftkit or anything? If you could screenshot your pitool settings then that would handy.

Sure. No nothing like that running

1 Like

Back on my pc- here is a little video as i cannot make a screenshot of everything

https://nimb.ws/9A6PZy

You have FFR turned on, you need to turn it off (“Close”).

That’s super strange… It wasn’t before. Hope that was it. Will check tommorow

Unfortunatly still the same error — freezing on startup

https://nimb.ws/u4xbzG

Hmm, odd. That’s the exact behaviour when fixed foveated rendering is turned on. Did you make sure to click apply when you moved the FFR to “close”? You mentioned that you changed it before but it had reset, so that may be why. You should try clicking apply and then save just to make sure.

I do notice that you have no controllers connected, not sure if that could be an issue but it might be worth trying with controllers connected before you turn it on.

Otherwise I would uninstall both the mod and the base game and try again.