Woohoo! Pimax 8KX is happening!

Fair enough to get angry about that… :+1:

5 Likes

All of the X units we are producing every day are for backers.

21 Likes

That sounds awesome! How many units are assembled per day?

Btw, have you decided the event date yet?

14 Likes

Fingers crossed that might include backer upgrades?? :crossed_fingers::blush:

8 Likes

(deleted…)

inb4 new people showing up here on the forum with 8kX problems ahead of backers getting their HMDs.

1 Like

If we got into the numbers it would be interpreted as a promise and its impossible to predict how many headsets + SMAS combination will make it through two stages of testing.

We really want to make sure the rigors of shipping don’t harm any of these devices. Btw a very small note - these units have a very cool new box. I can say we are preparing multiple batches and the limiting factor will initially be the volume SMAS. Fortunately the SMAS is only a fraction as complex as the headset so should be able to ramp it fast.

18 Likes

Yes Martin already showed us da box.

So how about a date for Pimax Day 3 since May didn’t happen.

5 Likes

Did he show the magnetic version?

3 Likes

Yes i believe so. It has the flap that folds on the side. Unless it has been revised since then. He showed it having the smas Attached.

1 Like

Here is the link. Looks nice.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/oh-wow-so-totally-fake-look-at-how-vr-companies-really-do-ces-demos-and-roadshows/27972/29?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

Ah that one is close to final version.

13 Likes

Awesome. Definitely looks nice. :pi_thumbsup:

3 Likes

Nice. But it looks like formed plastic/cardboard rather than milled foam. I think soft foam might have done more to cushion potential impacts during shipping.

I don’t know about anyone else, but in addition to severe delays, I have recently seen an incident of totally unprecedented mistreatment by shipping carriers. Obviously, I can’t blame them considering the shortages and working conditions…

5 Likes

I just want to know when I’ll have it. As far as I know the riots in the US shouldn’t be affecting China’s production.

1 Like

Why don’t we stop pretending like we don’t see all the pimax day questions and actually answer one for once instead of leaving everyone hanging all the time.

5 Likes

Well, at least for once you don’t get updated dates which then are not being met yet again.

Not sure I will complain about that… if they were to change their announcements to only give us dates when they actually made sure to really meet these, especially in relation to deliveries, it would be a dramatic change of approach - one which I for one would absolutely welcome.

And if they have no clue about your ability to deliver on a certain date - then don’t just pull a date out of your behind…

5 Likes

I’m afraid we’ll just have to read between the lines. The loaner return program hasn’t even started yet and they’re avoiding all questions regarding pimax day (or even replying to questions about it with another question). I’m then reading between the lines that no 8k-X will be shipped out soon, nor will the event happen this month.

3 Likes

We provide all the information we have in the weekly updates and the event will expound on that.

The only thing we haven’t posted is the date for the event and the methods for the headset return. They are located in 25 countries so the method will likely not be the same for each person.

The rest of your post is just pure misinformation and totally false.

14 Likes

Marcin already said something about the return labels being sent with the X, I think…