When is Pimax going to actually ship the 8KX?

The latest weekly update does not state WHEN the 8KX will be shipped with the SMAS. What is going on Pimax?

Why did you say the SMAS has a small issue but only a small number of the units were satisfactory quality?

This feels like another delay!

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

And when will pre-order customers receive theirs?

3 Likes

Delay or not. I think when its ready it will be shipped.

4 Likes

I’m sticking with majority not receiving theirs until late July/August at the earliest.

3 Likes

My guess is that second half of July will the arrivals of backer 8kx start (with smas) and end of July all will be delivered.

Well considering they won’t even tell backers living outside US/EU/Japan where to ship their loaners back I doubt it’ll be any time soon.

I think it’s fair to say now that there has been a delay

4 Likes

i think so too again…

1 Like

If you think THIS counts as delay… boy, you really don’t know Pimax yet… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Not that Pimax delay-ception again

1 Like

Tbh If they delay now it’s going to be kinda awkward. @PimaxUSA said that they’ll only take loaners back if they are certain that Xs are made.

But as far as we know who knows if the Xs are being made.

I’m in this weird state where I suspect that the reason we don’t see pictures posted of rows of boxes is that they either aren’t ready yet or they are all being saved for the elusive Pimax event. Though at this point I’m not sure why the event isn’t taking place except for some mayor issue. Any small issue should not be a reason to delay this much…

1 Like

I guess that since covid is spiking again, even if they are making 8kx they cannot ship them. People here including myself have shipments from months ago that haven’t been delivered yet

Maybe that’s one of the announcements?

1 Like

so next year then? :thinking:

1 Like

I think they’ll start shipping the first batches quite soon

3 Likes

Pimax are not based in Beijing.

2 Likes

Maybe not, but deliveries get stuck there… Covid delays as posted in other thread

So batch #1 has now left the factory (official update today). I wonder how many HMDs that batch contains… 100? 400? Hope all the X-backers are covered :slight_smile:

4 Likes

twentycha-a-a-ars

1 Like

I’m going with 2. :rofl:

1 Like

my best guess is 20 8K X’s in the first batch 50 to 80 in second batch.

3 Likes