What the heck is this new 5KOLED kickstarter HMD?

I’ll pass for now, reminds me too much of virtual boy.

:laughing: nothing should remind one of that blunder. See the world in shades of red. Talk about no testing before release.

1 Like

Nintendo really nuked VR into a wasteland that was uninhabitable for 20 year with that one. Worst part is VBoy was not even technically VR, even for the time.

Sega actually had a vr hmd they were planning at that time, as did Atari Jaguar.

I mean the minimum requirement to be considered an HMD it failed to meet. I wasn’t even head mounted!

It was closer to a ViewMaster even in color.

1 Like

Sega Cancelled the project jist before release after learning the issues would make most sick. Though they gave the reason “Too good to release”

Virtual boy might have been okayish if it had color ega screens. But the mono red was to be blunt dumb. Even Black & White would have been better.

The actual VR Hmds at the time were very different. I would have looked the vrboy as more of a viewer like you put coins in. :laughing:

i suppose you could try this

1 Like

Nah I tried in a video rental store. 30 seconds was enough for me to say no when Ma asked me if I wanted one for Xmas. :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.