What kind of headstrap is the non deluxe version?

Company people are expected to say good things about their company’s products.

As for the MAS, the above ear is likely to be an immersion killer with real world sound contamination. But yeah it might sound good if you have a dedicated room.

Marcin we know is real. But Kevin might be a robot built by a pimax RnD project. :joy:

1 Like

I hear good things about the index’s audio though. I’ve yet to experience it but I expect it to be really quite nice.

1 Like

Unless there is active noise cancellation i cant imagine the index audio setup being uncontaminated by the fan noise from your under-heavy-load-gpu that will only be a maybe six feet from you.

This is why i expect i will keep using plugs even when i get the updated headstrap.

The speakers-on-strap is a good thing if guests are visiting, that way i dont need to force them to get their own plugs out or hook up the over-ears i have on hand cause i wouldnt want anyone using my plugs, for theirs and my own sake.

1 Like

Heard good quality audio. But also heard they don’t block out the real world; though Valve’s design being just off ear would do better than an above ear design. But we will see.

They should at least pre release stl file for Arms.

The index speakers are large ventilated drivers that fire straight into the ears from short range, possibly also doing some beamforming. Holding one’s fingers near their back sides, one can feel the audio palpably, in the air.

What we see on the DAS MAS pictures is… something different…

2 Likes

If I dont like their headset I can still use my Vive Das? Frankly I dont have very high expectations of this companies idea of what is "comfortable " in the US. Their first attempt left my eyeballs almost touching the lenses. LOL

3 Likes

The MAS does not change the headset itself and all the points where you could adapt a DAS etc. are unchanged. The comfort kit changes the cowling which you can switch back to the original as well if you wish.

So 8kX backers get both Masks? As one hear said he wants the original.

Ref @Genesis

Do we also get the original front cowling with the 8KX? If we don’t get it with the 8KX, can’t keep the loaner unit’s original front cowling and can’t buy the original front cowling separately then being able to swap it out doesn’t mean anything.

3 Likes

Yeah he seems to be avoiding your question as this is the 3rd or 4th bump.

1 Like