What do you think this is? (New Pimax stuff)

I really hope they haven’t curled up a cable like that since it would most likely never be “un-curled”… :wink:

Oh, and if it’s a fiber optical cable it’s an even worse idea… :smiley:

I don’t see why You would want to roll up a piece of foam like that?

I’m thinking DMAS speaker modules.

The rest is wishful thinking IMHO… :wink:

1 Like

No idea what is in that sillicone thing, but the 8Kx in the back…
The stap seems to be different… naah that’s just an optical illusion :smiley:

1 Like

We could go with the simplest explanation then. It’s a new Pimax branded water bottle.

Then again, it could actually be a ratcheting cable puller, for roomscale stuff. The 8kX in the background and all the cable ports on the desk suggest as much.

3 Likes

Could be… :slight_smile:

Or…
Maybe the “waterbottle” is just there to show the word New.
An what is really the “New.” is a New version of the 8KX with improvements of sorts.
Or an entriely “New.” HMD

3 Likes

Actually, since it’s showing the 8KX with SMAS it would make sense if it was the DMAS modules.

Why would they show the “lesser” option (SMAS) if not to show the upgrade for it too…? :wink:

If it was just merchandise, they could at least match the colors with the “Pimax blue” (which is actually most likely a “Vive Pro blue” unless I’m mistaken?) and the chevron on the bottle… :wink:

EDIT: Or it could be a pack of different depth pads for the KDMAS? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My money “not litteraly” not anymore… is on a “New.” version of the HMD
The “waterbottle” is a distraction / clue to something New.

3 Likes

Actually… :wink:

The tweet actually says “stay tuned”… Again, DMAS speaker modules… :wink:

3 Likes

Could be… :slight_smile: it’s a normal expression :wink: but anyways, that would just be silly to do that sort of publicity stunt, for something they have taken money for but not delivered on yet.

2 Likes

I know it’s a normal expression, but still it wouldn’t surprise me if someone found it “cheeky”… :wink:

Some might still not have bought it, so it would make sense to try to hype it a bit, right? :slight_smile:

The bottle (if it is indeed just a thermo bottle) might just be there to hide the headset, but I don’t see what it should be hiding with that placement…? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I know you know… im just being cheeky :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well the chevron on the HMD in the background is chrome, it must be an 8KX so I don’t think the bottle is there to hide it per say…

Just something New. from Pimax, probably something to do with the 8KX

New optical upgrade for the 8KX, aspherical lenses (one can dream) to improve clarity seeing only the bottle is in focus and everything else is blurred (due to focus is on the bottle) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That is the only thing that matter to Pimax now anyway so yes, everyone that dont own a X have a piece of retrogaming for Pimax now.
I am used to this I have a 8k- lol.

1 Like

Seems like it could be the optical cabel after all. See their Black Friday deals

4 Likes

Who said its a 8K(X) in the background? With regard to the latest Weekly, I throw my 2 cents into the 5K Super hat… even more so since @PimaxQuorra literally wrote “Stay Tuned” there, too. In capitals. Sounds like an official briefed wording from marketing.

3 Likes

Noticed that too. You might be right… :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

so it might be a replacement for the 5k XR, a RGB OLED Version
(5k XR link is already dead, https://eu.pimax.com/products/5k-xr-headset-only)

In anyway I couldn’t care less for them to anounce yet another “new” product again while not delivering what they promised and charged us for over a year ago (and I am NOT even starting on the yet again postponed DMAS, Sword Sense controllers, leave alone wireless bridge).

what specifically do you have in mind?

not that i’m happy with my 5k+ lens profiles but pimax more or less fulfilled the kickstarter now
beside the headset (i “downgraded” to a 5k+) i got most of the stretch goals

• 2nd face cushion - i got two with the vision kit so its a check
  • rigid headstreap with earphones - i got a KDMAS, check
  • vr-frames and coolong fans - frames can be asked for (did anyone?) and fans where replaced (together with one software title) with the vision kit as compensation, check (at least for me)
  • 100$ coupon for wireless - i have that in my account so its a check (even if i may never use it or maybe there is a more theoretical chance of using it some day)
  • 3 pieces of software (we got two and one was kind of part in the vision kit), check (they never promised any good titles so they even could have used any cheap useless as 3rd)
  • free eye tracking (i wondered from the start how that would be possible), foul compromise as only in the picture of the kickstarter for one eye and as the full kit was $199 a backer would have to pay $99, kind of check (even if you have it, there is not much use for it but and if it comes to games its not pimax fault)

so depending of your point of view, with the backer box, we are through with the kickstarter (base stations, cables and controllers were not really part of it, just added and could be seen as extra deal outside the kickstarter)

for my part i can have some end point, even if i’m not happy with the result (i cant use my 5k+ for about 20-30min and then feel funny because of the warping in the stereo overlap area and the lower third of the lenses - or maybe its about ipd and scale too, hard to say but its terrible compared with my original vive)

kind of a complete failure for me but that was part of the risk/deal with this kickstarter and compared with other things like buying a new car or a vacation trip to the other end of the world it was not that expansive

next headset will be on terms of local law (europe) that will allow to send it back within 2 weeks (no questions asked), no direct business with a chinese (or US) company, i don’t want to deal with foreign laws that favor the one with a lot of money and lawyers and dealing with time frames of weeks and additional fees for packages and customs - no thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.