Weekly Update June 11th Discussion

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Of course I’m happy to contribute to the forum, also with the Backer badge.
I just saw that your badge was changed to Backer again. Welcome back :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly, the fact that Pimax can’t say that they have produced even 1 8KX with any certainty inspires absolutely no confidence.

4 Likes

It’s all relative by now. And very entertaining, in a dark, twisted way.

1 Like

Well, it’s something. It might be nothing new but it’s better than nothing. The nothing really makes you wonder what’s wrong because Pimax always tries to celebrate every minor achievement.

So unprofessional. Customers have been waiting 6 months to 2 years past the dates they were told their products would ship out, its completely justified that they have grievances. You could at least pretend to be a COO and reply in a professional and polite manner instead of taking every opportunity to be sarcastic and obstreperous.

5 Likes

Hi Alonzo

Congrats on purchasing the Artisan. Atm it might be too soon for an estimate when SMAS/DMAS will have regular availability. As they still need to fullfil Backers and pre orders from 2018 and 8kX.

@PimaxQuorra might be able to give a guestimate.

My guess? Likely available early 2021. There are however some 3dprinter adapters to use original Vive DAS and the Vive Pro strap(which seems to be what the MAS was based on) a fellow member here has posted a link where you might still be able to buy the Vive pro Strap without Audio for $45 US and had links for some headphones to attach.

Here is a link to @ShawnMayer topic

Pimax Artisan with Vive Pro strap

3 Likes

They are sending in batches as well, dont expect a first made 8kx to go out of table right away to the customer.

1 Like

Caution on that Webshop, I have yet to receive my strap ordered close to a month ago. In all fairness it appears stuck at a Chinese airport since May 16th but I’m still without product.

2 Likes

unnamed

On a serious note, I’m sure @PimaxUSA is just frustrated with the constant negative posts regarding the 8KX release. We’re all frustrated as well and just want the device in our hands. We also know there’s a ton of hard work going on behind the scenes to make this happen. Soon enough that’ll be a reality and hopefully turn into a bunch of positive posts from happy owners.

10 Likes

Any news on when the upgrade program headset would be shipped? I dont think i’ve read any mention on this

2 Likes

After all the 8KXs for original backers being shipped, upgrade plans and preorders will be shipped in sequence of order date.

8 Likes

Thanks for updating your status on not receiving the Vive Pro strap yet.

Should though some X Backers seem to be having trouble getting a simple loaner return address. So it seems likely the que may not be followed in order.

2 Likes

Day 4. My ticket has no reply. Pimax still refusing to tell me where to ship my loaner back.

4 Likes

Can you please check your inbox?

1 Like

Just did Just for you. Nothing. BIG FAT NOTHING.

4 Likes

There are no certain date for step 1, so it’s safe to say there is no date for step 2 either. I figured that out all by myself.

3 Likes

If its any consolation, UPS picked up my loaner on Tuesday saying they would deliver it to them on Wednesday, it was loaded on to a van wednesday morning at 5am and has not updated since, its just vanished.

1 Like

Hello,
I use google translation,
I am a kickstarter backer of the full 8k pack and I would like to know if pimax will send the LH base stations automatically in the future as for headset in the past or if we have to make necessarily a request to receive them

Thanks you

2 Likes

You can receive Lighthouses ahead of controllers by a support ticket requesting them.

2 Likes