Weapon Support on Pimax 8K

Hi.
Will Pimax support virtual weapons like guns?
Is there anything compatible on the market or will Pimax publish something in future?

I assume that if htc vive supports it Pimax will as well

3 Likes

The only product you can order at the moment is this one, you must select the additional VIVE tracking puck in the menu on the right:
https://www.strikervr.com/online-store/Arena-Infinity-Bundle-p84443331

If you can spend more and need something less plasticky and more professional you can contact their https://www.haptech.co/ division,
however from what I’ve heard they might not sell to the average Joe if he doesn’t buy at least 20/30 units, considering the costs definitely not consumer friendly for now.

2 Likes

Thats to expensive but it looks really nice

Just keep in mind vive accessories are v1 laser tracking if which is not compatiable with v2 lighthouses.

1 Like

And Vive trackers? We need something similar!

2 Likes

Agreed a pimax v2.0 tracking puck could also bring lighthouse tracking to PiMax 4k headset.

1 Like

You can also check out PPGun

Although they do not seem to sell outside of China (yet), and you would need a Vive tracker.
I had backed their Indiegogo campaign at the time, which they cancelled. The offered the backers to buy in their online store at the same price but have been pretty much unresponsive to any requests afterwards…
So don’t expect anything, but who knows, some day they may surprise me and actually deliver in their words.
I also recall that quality was an issue with first deliveries (buttons ceasing to work soon, casing broken easily)

1 Like

The Vive tracker will only work with Vive v1 lighthouses. So we need a v2.0 puck for compatability with v2.0 ligthouses.

2 Likes

I hope we get a v2.0 puck.
The problem here is the price.
The weapon + puck, how i understood.

The weapon looks really nice.

1 Like

I think you are right, i like it

In the case of the StrikerVR the problem is not the puck, it’s only $100 and you can replace it anytime when the 2.0 comes out, but the rifle itself costing $2,800…

1 Like

Hack a day has some neat projects.

Do you have an example?

&

The below is from the above link it also mentions Nordic. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Hack a day you can find all sorts of neat projects.

@deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu @bacon might find the above links as well.

2 Likes

Good news guys, Striker VR has just announced the Lite version of the Arena Infinity, $1,100 including a Vive tracker!

https://www.strikervr.com/arena-infinity-lite

1 Like

Interesting, though still just a bit too pricey.

And I still am cautious in terms of having additional controller input to control e.g. the user movement in the game, if you were to play Pavlov or Onward. Will it work well with their touchpad ? Is it pleasant to use that movement input for hours at a time?

1 Like

Dunno about this specific one, but many Onward players with more than 1,000 hours use Vive controllers touchpads without issues.

1 Like

Sure, but the question is whether the touchpad on the Striker Lite gun is positioned well for such use. You would hope so, but would like to see somebody try it out and report (as it only becomes available as of November, perhaps somebody has experiece with the standard expensive Striker edition ? Will probably have the same positioning of the touchpad)

1 Like