Walkovr - VR locomotion

2 Likes

Not sure if the ankle tracker will be popular. If one forgets to remove it before leaving the house.

Ppl may think your under House Arrest. :beers::joy::+1::sparkles:

7 Likes

Hahah!

Is it Better the vive trackers so they might think you have got some sort or mechanical/bionic extension to your foot :wink: ?!

2 Likes

Cyberpunk fans will like the cyborg look idea. Lol

1 Like

I think the ankle sensors will do great! If they can emulate the vive trackers, I am all for it. Looks nice. You have any info on the experiences @MarcoBalletta?

2 Likes

I have ordered it and it should be delivered to me around December, hopefully earlier . I will let you know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update of August 2018

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah. Just as I had imagined it myself.
The advantage with the ankle sensors is that you dont have to put it around your shoes like vive sensors.
That makes it a bit more hygienic to use it by many people. You never know what people have been walking through outside, so an ankle sensor would be for me the preferred way of sensors.

1 Like

It does not yet work for all games though. And I noticed some cables being attached to another pack on the back. I wonder what that is for. I thought it was wireless (bluetooth)

1 Like

It should work for all the games But i Think they just did not test them all
You can message them and submit the game you wish it would work with and my understanding is that they would look into it and make specific game profile that they would put on their platform.

The box you see is some sort of box/transmitter that communicate with their software in the pc. It is like a center of tramsimmiom of the signal from all the sensors to the pc . They call it “main hub”

2 Likes

I asked about the possibility of still using room scale for small movements in our play area and to that add the walking in place (using walkovr) for long distance movemets in the games.

See the answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New update !

Walkovr is on its way!

3 Likes

I really don’t see the point of this when NaLo + foot trackers exists… and that just-leaning to actually strafe or walk backwards is horrible, at least it should be lean+walk in place lol.

EDIT:- Just to point out you have to lean+walk to walk backwards in NaLo which is good… its just the strafing is done by just having your feet face that direction not by leaning which would/will annoy me but it still looks better than WalkOVR imho.

1 quick answer that points to today’s nalo limitation:

Nalo does not work for games that requires wasd input and when i inquired nalo’s developers about that , the answer was that wasd support is on the “things to work on” list. It took them 1 year for nalo develope walk in place. How long will it take wasd support?

Another point is that 2 or 3 vive trackers are more expensive that walkovr.

I would prefer walkovr over nalo for certian things. I think that walkovr might even work for psvr and console games by using cronusmax . I am looking forward to test that

2 Likes

WASD support, good point and price but I’m hoping by the time I’ve got my rig finished and I’ve finished Skyrim/or theres a WASD game I do want to play (Skyrim+Alien Isolation are my first 2) WASD support would have been added to NaLo by that point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully nalo will add support to WASD asap. I hope they also work on console’s compatibility because I am afraid they would not work on it unless we gift them of a console to test nalo on . They do not have a console to do the testings

1 Like

https://www.grnewsletters.com/archive/walkovr_updates_and_promotions/CONTACT-subscriber_name-Were-Launching-On-April-29th-575608004.html?source=email&service=twitter&u=zV1MK&s=kNDL7z

1 Like

WalkOVR announced their Kickstarter will happen on April 29.

I’m looking forward to seeing this device!

2 Likes

Me too! My impatience for walkovr has been leading me to try to come up with a DIY solution for walking in place .

I truly hope I can use walkovr also in any game with wasd input and not only for vr games!

1 Like