VR News for 2024

I think it’s mostly a problem of no VR games to play on the PS. Sony really failed there.

3 Likes

For those who cannot spend enough on a VR device! :joy:

1 Like

It’s obviously laughable to make the device even heavier than it is, but if someone made a version with an all-carbon instead of metal frame, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

This doesn’t look good

2 Likes

Well, unless you place the virtual canvas to fill practically your entire FoV, it will end up showing less than 4K in terms of pixels really depicting the movie (and, given the AVP has a non-standard ratio, it will never achieve full 4K no matter what).

With a proper home cinema setup you‘d get each pixel on your blueray to be projected accordingly on the canvas (well, I only have this kind of fake 4K projector, which uses shifting but I am speaking for those who have a full 4K projector). So I would expect it to be superior in terms of acuity.

And there are a number of other factors which make viewing a movie in a cinema, home cinema or headset three distinctly different experiences anyhow.

But it‘s still great that you can get a great experience in such a relatively small device. We should cherish what we get gifted rather than always debate why it‘s not yet completely replacing the other options.

2 Likes

100% agreed.

In the end it’s about the experience a device offers and how much I enjoy using it, this gets forgotten too often when it is in fact what separates the successful from the unsuccessful devices.

3 Likes

This is gonna be fun!

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Look what’s coming for BSB in June.

1 Like

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/29/apple-vision-pro-real-life-review

1 Like
2 Likes

5 Likes

So big announcement from Samsung next month.

3 Likes