VR Ears Kickstarter April 21st

you could probably just plug it into the pimax usb-c port

2 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vrears/vr-ears

Pledge started.
It uses 3.5 audio jacks huh. $79 for super early bird looks really attractive. If I did not purchased Deluxe MAS I would back this.

1 Like

What do we think all? Go for this or pay for dmas? Havenā€™t leaned towards any as of yet. Pimax 5k+ any audiophiles want to chip in on the specs?

1 Like

just backed it. Not sure if I want them or not, but if thereā€™s one thing Iā€™ve learned from Kickstarter is, back early to get the super early bird $$, and you have a month to change your mind, because they dont charge you until it closes.

1 Like

so this strikes me as interesting, looks like it requires the MAS to attach officially? it seems to connect to the modular part. Can anyone confirm that the VR Ears are officially modular?
@PimaxUSA, @SweViver

the picture above seems to indicate this of course no actual picture of the MAS included on the kickstarter

1 Like

Backed it. Price is good. Be good to compare quality.

3 Likes

yeah thats my logic, i was expecting them to cost alot more. It cost about the same as a vive DAS.

besides i recently took the frakenquest off of my quest and back onto the pimax. reason being i take my quest around alot (well not anymore , thanks to covid) and i didnā€™t like showing the headset to people with the vive das attached. Itā€™s surprising how unappealing the quest looks when you have that thing attached.

It looks ghetto and unlikely that the vr-newb that you are showing it to will want to buy it after the demo.

Anyway, if these turn out to be as good as or better than the deluxe mas then i like the clip on nature of it.

It will go much better with my quest or psvr.

2 Likes

Maybe they are the modules that Pimax will be using for the DMAS? :wink:

I also backed it as it might come in handy for the Quest (instead of the 3d-printed Koss KSC75 setup I have going on now) or the 8KX if they mess up the sound on the DMASā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well one benefit these will have over the DMAS(no point in comparing anything but Quest to SMAS) will have benefit of DSP and amps in itā€™s addotional electonics.

But yeah since pimax hasnā€™t released any Specs on the Audio. Judging by KS price on these quite likely the same drivers minus all of the extra electronics.

3 Likes

Super early birds are all gone just after I decided to back it lolā€¦

1 Like

Yeah didnā€™t take long

ok so i asked the VR-Ears guys and got an answer

MAS Compatibility CONFIRMED?
@PimaxUSA @SweViver

3 Likes

if i back out you can have mine.

its only a $10 difference though

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping they smash that $100K barrier. These will be much more versatile if they can be used standalone.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure they donā€™t have a MAS sample but in looking closely at the images of how it mates to the Vive Pro my guess would be the same clip can mate to the MAS. If not it would only require a small adjustment to their clip. Looks like it will probably work but canā€™t guarantee that.

3 Likes

Good to know, but isnā€™t it a bit presumptions of them to be claiming compatibility with pimax MAS considering they donā€™t have either a Cad or sample?

How far would Pimax be willing to the make sure the vr ears guys have good compatibility.

Would you be able to reach out to them and provide Cad files or a MAS sample, this would also be great advertising as they would likely show lots of pics with pimax in them.

It would make pimax seem like a product that companies actually want to work with.

2 Likes

Tried them at CES.

Certainly not bad but audio quality was not anywhere close to Index. But probably that was a preproduction model? (These seem to haunt meā€¦ haha)

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.