Vive Lighthouse troubles

At first I screwed in a Gorilla Tripod and then a small camera tripod I had kicking around. Both fit perfectly. So the screw size is the same as for a standard camera.

4 Likes

Or you can use a support pole, which is a nice way to mount it close to the wall, without mounting anything on the wall (https://community.openmr.ai/t/lighthouses-controllers-pimax-8k-vr-heaven/14841/17)

3 Likes

Try to check that windows defender block it or not.

Sorry, just see that the issue is solved.

3 Likes

it should be high and tilted downward, if you get closer you will loose signal if you have it standig

no if you having it frontal it should work without glitches, tilt it downward, see that nothing is in the way (like a monitor, can be a problem if the LH is mounted lower) and there can also be reflections that give problems in certain spots, try to make it reproducible and then cover surfaces, tracking glitches can also indicate usb problems

2 Likes

My tracking was a disaster with LH at front left, but is working now with LH at front right.
I’ve noticed if you block an area on the top front left or right corner with the tip of your finger then you lose tracking altogether until you move your fingertip.

Are there only 2 sensors?

Tracking seems significantly worse than rift when people tell me LH tracking is superior. Like above said, a sudden movement and it loses you for a second. Doesn’t happen on my rift…or my Ody+ with inside out.

4 Likes

Looks line pimax cut sensor count vs Vive.

But hey, this is china style. :smiley:

3 Likes

Soo i have finally had some time to play with it some more and got some progress:)
I was able to find a spot for LH where it kinda works… It is very high (like 2,5m from floor), highly tilted down and about 3m from the headset.
But i have another issue with the tracking - everytime i touch the headset it looses tracking immediatelly.
It “reconnects” after few secs and tracking continues but it is highly bothering - can not improve my headset position while driving…
Anyone else experiencing this also?

1 Like

I get this if I touch it on either side (where I naturally would grab the hmd to adjust). If I touch it in the middle it’s okay.
It works…as long as no part of your body is touching it :joy:
Oh Pimax, how you think this thing is ready I’ll never know. And that’s after the testers held you back and made you improve it first.

1 Like

If the lighthouse is too close, tracking will be hard to establish or not work at all.
My single LH is approx 6 feet high and away from my desk chair position, and works just fine. You sometimes have to wait a little time (like 30s) for it to connect, but then it’s all dandy.
I’m on channel A btw, if some wonder.

4 Likes

I have a single LH too, on a shelf about 90cm above my seat and about 70cm back, and angled down as much as is practical. Channel B.

I usually have to move back to get the 2m distance to get the initial connection, but once connected it stays that way unless I deliberately move the headset totally out of the field of view, or very occasionally block the LoS between the LH and headset myself, which is totally my fault :grinning:

3 Likes

Do you have any reflective surfaces around? They can really affect tracking.

1 Like

I am not sure tbh.

This link may have useful information on things to try.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/vive-lighthouse-troubles/19423/11?u=heliosurge

Hopefully it can be resolved as you have said without needing to return headset.

Now you will want to turn off power saving in Steamvr as the pimax headset do not use bluetooth to communicate with LHes to turn on/off