Update on the KDMAS

Hello all,

Can we please get an update on the status of the KDMAS. Lately all the weekly updates are 80% about the 8KX and that they are “working” on the accessories. According to the August 28th update the 8KX is shipping over 50 units a day now. That is great news…….now lets move on. We were supposed to get an update on the KDMAS on Thursday or Friday of last week and we just got another update on the status of the 8KX.

What is the status of the KDMAS…when are they going to start shipping?

Thank you for your time,

4 Likes

Also the DMAS please.

3 Likes

Ha…literally submitted my post 50 minutes before the KDMAS update. Even still. No shipping information, only that it is just entering production. What is the believed time frame on production? How long before units are starting to be sent to backers/pre-orders?

Thank you for your time,

Well, they expressively said it to be included with the backer box that starts shipping this month.

2 Likes

@Klaus…thank you for pointing this out. I must have skipped over in my haste reading the update.

2 Likes

If the KDMAS is ready it was said Backer Stretchgoal boxes will start shipping out Sept 9.

2 Likes

@Heliosurge - is that also for those OG kickstarter backers that backed the 5k? I’ve already got my lighthouses and index controller bundle - is this the last thing I am owed for my pledge?

1 Like

Yes the backer box is the stretch goals well as modified. As you swapped out for the Index package it should be the final piece.

@PimaxQuorra, @PimaxUSA

Hello all,

I have seen in other topics of some users (not all users) that received their 8KX HMDs, have stated they are shipping with a new hinge (metal and not plastic) on the MAS that will not allow the back headrest of the headset to sit low enough on the back of your head. The angle of the hinge makes it stop the strap before it can go any lower. If you attempt to pull it lower the HMD starts to lift off your face letting in light (this is with the top velcro strap fully extended). Due to this, some have stated that the MAS/DMAS/KDMAS are now going back into production to fix this hinge issue. Would someone from Pimax be able to give a formal response to this current situation and what is actually happening.

Thank you for your time

2 Likes

Since the KDMAS is for the stretch goal box first and foremost, the question is are those boxes shipping yet @PimaxQuorra ?

1 Like

What is KDMAS? I thought there were two audio strap options: MAS and DAS? There’s nothing on the website about KDMAS anywhere and it also appears the DAS is no longer offered.

My 8KX was upgraded to the DAS in Dec 2019 as compensation for some other mistake made on Pimax’s end, what can I expect to receive now in terms of an audio solution, and just as importantly, will I be able to remove it and keep using my Arctis 9 headset after we inevitably discover the Pimax solution is substandard.

1 Like

The K stands for Kickstarter. It is the over-ear version of the headset. It will come to the Pimax store later and I believe some 8KX backers have requested upgrades from the SMAS which is included with that headset.

1 Like

MAS Types

1. SMAS (Standard Modular Audio Strap)
  • Above Ear Quest like Audio. (Compat Vision 8k & 8kX)
  1. DMAS (Deluxe Modular Audio Strap)
  • Index Like off ear like Audio Solution. (Compat Vision 8k & Vision 8kX)
  1. KDMAS (Kiickstarter Deluxe AudionStrap)
  • On Ear Headphones (What Kickstarter spec’d) developed due to discovering non vision headset models do not have strong enough Amp. (Compat All Pimax Headsets)
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.