Update#31 - 2 days countdown - M2 in-depth reviews are coming up from mid-Sep (Discussion)

No no it just means itā€™ll be 3dof without the base stations. Which means you can look up down, left right, and rotate no problem. But you canā€™t move forward backwards or vertically. Just like watching a 360 video.

If someone makes a personal attack on you, you can decide for you whether you want to reply to it or not, and i will respect that. When someone makes a personal attack on me, iā€™m going to reply to it.

Damn, that Kinect looks great. I got the 360 and although it works, it was ok-ish. That Xbox-one Kinect seems like the device I need. But I also run a Leap Motion for hand tracking and together that sucks all my resources CPU-wise. So what to buy first, a CPU upgrade or Kinect? Probably bothā€¦ sound of wallet crying

2 Likes

The sobs and whimperings get much louder, when you start pricing 2080 GPUs. :laughing:

1 Like

I know but I got the 1080Ti and gonna ride that out for a while or my wallet will rise up and strangle me

1 Like

The team is a group of VR enthusiasts that are trying to create VR headsets for other enthusiasts. We do not have lots of bilingual staffs, do not think it through sometimes indeed, especially when getting excited or had some beers. Please do not compare us with the giants with significant branding budget yet :slight_smile:

We will maintain the FAQ list from today:
for any question not covered in the FAQ, please poke @Pimax-Support
will update in the FAQ when the support team gets confirmed answers.

http://community.openmr.ai/t/updated-0910-pimax-5k-8k-faq/7462

26 Likes

Iā€™m a bit confused about this. I currently have my Vive in a separate room via 10m HDMI/USB cables. I was looking to replicate this for when my Pimax arrives and saw that it uses DP 1.4. After doing some research and asking in some forums online I was sandend to see that apparently you canā€™t get DP 1.4 extension cables of that length as the signal degrades too much even with a repeater.

Do you know if itā€™s a mistake that itā€™s listed as DP 1.4 or how theyā€™re able to get this 10m cable working?

1 Like

google how do i buy pimax stock

9 Likes

Iā€™m curious as well, I had lots of issues even finding a suitable DP cable that works 4k/75Hz on my monitor. After many failed attempts and sending cables back I found an at least a 3m cable that worked besides the 2m stock cable. So 10m will be quite a stunt but possible since even having tested more than 10 5m cables there may be better ones out there that I have not tried so far.

4 Likes

Yeah, I had read the same thing about the problems trying to extend DP 1.4. I really hope Pimax was able to already create the 10m cable and test it and that they just werenā€™t referring to what they ā€œhopeā€ to be able to offer. @deletedpimaxrep1?

3 Likes

havenā€™t tested 10m cable, but extension cable should work fine.

4 Likes

The team is a group of VR enthusiasts that are trying to create VR headsets for other enthusiasts. We do not have lots of bilingual staffs, do not think it through sometimes indeed, especially when getting excited or had some beers. Please do not compare us with the giants with significant branding budget yet.

[In Solid Snake voice] ā€œCuteā€.

For reference.

3 Likes

Yes it would be nice for the backers that ordered the extension cable to have it delivered with the headset. My computer is in a different area from where I use my Oculus. A 3 meter extension cable would be enough though.

1 Like

Are you sending the extension cables with the headset?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

The problem is though that you canā€™t really buy 10m DP 1.4 cables so I was wondering how your team made one that works? Can I use DP 1.2?

we wonā€™t, extension cable is not one of the accessories. better to get one from Amazon.
@RetrospectVR 1.4 backward compatible with DP1.2

4 Likes

I paid extra for the extension cable.

1 Like

So will it be shipped with the headset ?

1 Like

The 10m cable is not an extension. Itā€™s a full cable. An extension cable would have to connect to the existing cable and that connector might reduce quality, making the possible length more limited.
Pimax does not sell extensions, only the full replacement 10m cable.

5 Likes

Oh ok so will backers that paid extra for a 10 meter cable still get it with the headset?