Update 27th March Discussion

I’m still trying to see when my 8KX will be delivered.
What I see is mass production starting in May. Then undoubtedly some delay because a detail was not right, then from production to testing to shipping I think we’re looking at June, maybe July for deliveries?

3 Likes

Hi Tooohka,

You may request it with our support. Check out the latest support page

Pimax Support

We assume it isn’t a big problem to proceed this. You shall seek assistance from our support.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Hi Neelrocker,

If you requested it with our support, they will deliver it from Marseille.

But for other users whom are urge to get the base stations and willing to pay for Duties, we will deliver it from HongKong. As it won’t cause two times shipments and save some times.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Hi Neelrocker,

Yes indeed. It’s now happening on all EU orders. If you request to get the items without a long waiting time, we will ship it from HongKong warehouse.

Even now, we are transferring a batch of items to Marseille, for EU distribution.

At first, many users are yelling about the delayed delivery time, just to make things quick, we try to ship it from the HongKong warehouse, at least it will saves up 3-5 workings day. But then we received feedback from our users, about the high Duties, to prevent this, we decided to shift the items to Marseille warehouse, so our users can’t avoid those Duties.

This isn’t a fact tho. What we are doing, just to make sure our users can receive the items in a earlier time, it’s not about we wanted to show some “punishment” to those whom didn’t purchase any upgrade plan.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

Thank you very much for those very clear precisions, and sorry if I have been upset in the above messages you reply to.

You should just take care to leave no ambiguities like this in the official updates you publish, because it really sounded like you were forcing shipments from HongKong for backers base stations. Glad you have made it clear again in your above replies :slight_smile:

So do you confirm single base stations will be sent from this shipment arriving “now” at Marseille ?

Because the update talks about Index controllers bundles arriving in this shipment (for upgrade plans), and not about base stations alone you say are still located in HongKong.

Or does this mean shipments (to backers) of base stations alone from Marseille will require to wait for another arrival of base stations alone at Marseille ? Or you are going to break some Index controllers bundles arriving now at Marseille to be able to ship single backers base stations for people who don’t want a shipment from HongKong ?

This part is not clear yet and even Sally from order support doesn’t give me a clear answer about it.

Thank you a lot, in hope you can clear up this last remaining ambiguity :slight_smile:
(and congratulations for your aptitude to stay calm in any circumstances ! :smiley: )

@PimaxQuorra

1 Like

Thank you @PimaxQuorra !

I am looking forward to my 8KX, it is very good that you found a forward shipping center in Marseille, super. Do you know today, if the 8KX headsets will also ship through it?

Once you know, please let us know too! :+1:

Wish: The PiTool 254 with its good performance, without memory leak. Then slap the new 258 UI on top. Dreams man.

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra Could you please look at this. It seems there’s no one in Marseile to pick up our RMA parcels.

Thank you update @PimaxQuorra
I have 2 question.
(1) How about comfort kit individual order.
(2) Eye tracking module
I saw eye tracking module in sweviver’s CES video.
According it, the module is 1st version. Later version will be integrated in headset.
When the later version comes? I should wait it?

@PimaxQuorra
add one.
(3) Open source Driver and Firmware

Did any Kickstarter backers in Europe receive an answering machine (answer phone) message in Chinese?

I was wondering if it was Pimax maybe about a possible delivery of base-stations as part of the ‘Full Package’ on Kickstarter?

Unfortunately I don’t speak Chinese so it may be a wrong number and someone simply lost their pet poodle…

2 Likes

And the Story goes on… And the next lies last week!!!

Hi Pimax Quorra,

can you send my 2 Base Stations from Marseille warehouse, please. .
Backer Nr. 45xx
xxxx

Hello xxx,

We will assist you forward this message to our logistic team.

If possible could you please submit a ticket to the support? Once you got the ticket number, share it to us.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Hi PimaxQuorra,

this is the Ticket:

#299 Send my 2 Base Stations from Marseille warehouse

Yours sincerely
xxx

And now the answer from Sally. I would have expected: Yes, we will send the package this week to Marseille, but the message came:

Hi xxx,

Sorry to have kept you waiting.Your base stations haven’t been shipped yet.
In fact,we are confirming the logistics cost and transportation plan, which will take some time,when we have new progress, I’ll give you the latest news.
Thank you for your support and patience.

Best regards
Sally

What is correct now? Can someone from this company tell the truth ??? I feel really fooled …

@PimaxQuorra
@PimaxUSA
@SweViver
@Axacuatl
@Heliosurge

3 Likes

Do they not agree internally what they write ??? Some don’t know what the other is doing …

Apparently messages are spread here in the forum, which are not so at Pimax, or the support has no idea what is being distributed here (which I cannot imagine).

Who knows if the entire weekly update is correct ??? Maybe that’s just all lies to keep us quiet …

2 Likes

Is there any way to contact Robin Weng? Can someone please send me their email address via PM?

Maybe he can tell the truth.

I would like a binding statement when my two base stations will be sent!

It’s simple - look at their performance, not their statements with regards to the base stations.

Statements on base station delivery since 2017: too many to count, giving lots of different delivery date estimates, at times said to happen within weeks, now recently you were even told within days.

Perfomance with 2+ years of delay in the meantime: — zero —

Hence why I said and believe you will start to understand, at latest when we meet here agin in say 3-4 weeks and (some) still are wondering why we did not receive the base stations: Pimax have run out of money, they can’t afford to pay Valve and you wont get the base stations in 3-5 days, nor in 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months.

But they will put out random statements with wildy varying content. And they don’t care about aligning them internally because at some stage you will go mad anyhow as they know they cannot meet any of their estimates so what’s the point of aligning them.

2 Likes

Hi MaxMan23,

From the image, you can check the status of the parcel (base stations and controllers) where first located at HongKong warehouse, now they are in transit at United Kingdom, soon it will be reach Marseille.

Upon reaching at Marseille, they will begin to distribute to our users.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

7 Likes

@PimaxQuorra: Thanks for the info, but are the single base stations also included or only the bundels (Base Station and Controller)? (I have the Base Stations only)

And why is Sally writing something else?

3 Likes

So that nobody gets it wrong here, I just want to get a binding delivery date that will be met.
The implausible answers to the delivery dates do not come from me, but from Pimax.

I don’t want to make Pimax bad, that’s not my intention. Only when there are different answers from their employees, i don’t know what i should believe.

1 Like

@PimaxQuorra:

Thanks for the update - I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this only base station delivery, or Index Controller & base stations, or a mix ?
  2. Is this delivery being used for backers in Europe only, or others too, e.g. pre-order customers, backers (the latter outside of Europe)?
  3. How many backers in Europe are going to be served by these deliveries, how many backers will not have received theirs with this (or previous) shipments ?
  4. When is the following shipment to Marseille or another European hub scheduled to serve the remaining backers ? Which quantity of products will be shipped ? How certain is it to take place on time ?
  5. How long will it take to ship the individual packages onwards to backers once the shipment is received in Marseille ?

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Hi Axacuatl,

Thank you for submitting the questions, we do know most of the backers are concerned about these.

Now we are having meeting on these matters, once we reach a consensus on the discussions, we are giving out the solutions.

By tomorrow we will share the answers to you and other backers.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

@PimaxQuorra I’m a Backer in Canada with a 4 month old ticket requesting base stations be shipped ahead of my controllers in the full package I paid for 2.5 years ago, so I’l be watching for what you share tomorrow.

2 Likes