Update 12/6/18: M1 tracking info

Another 200! Woohoo, backer 201 here!

2 Likes

So I should expect mine about 4 months after they start shipping to backers. At least I should get it by Christmas, assuming no unexpected delays. That will make it easier to wait for the 1180Ti from NVidia.

4 Likes

Backer 212 here :grin:

3 Likes

it is a CLPL (customized low persistence liquid lens) the 8k will be the 1st to demo it. it is not the standard fresnel lens we all love to hate, it will be similar in clarity to OLED from what i understand.

2 Likes

I think you are confusing a couple of things.

The lenses are fresnel, the screen is apparently a custom low persistence screen.

1 Like

clpl is the display panel itself. not the lenses. which are afaik fresnel. from faq

2 Likes

Ok that’s enough redbull for you for today!

1 Like

wont take long to make 10,000 units…they can easily make 1000 units per week at full capacity.

remmeber chinese have great factories in shenzhen where they make iphones…

the workers work 24/7 to meet orders… they also work hard and have good ethics.

shenzhen is about 50km from hong kong where they ship by air to usa , europea etc…

2 Likes

too late :smiley: need me reddys!

1 Like

Getting a video of the look, a nice view of the lenses (they’re so huge!) was really exciting. A bit sad MRTV won’t be doing a public review/demo but I can understand the reasoning.

4 Likes

Also 2xx (8K-X) :slight_smile:

And as many others (I believe) I read the forum almost daily, but never post(ed) (just got registered).

Surely many lurkers out there who are excited that we finally got to the last stages.

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet…” (I hope).

4 Likes

they can easily make 1000 units per week at full capacity.

and you know this how?

1 Like

Pimax has said: the first weeks will produce a few hundred but in the end they will reach 500 a week (not 1000, correction).

4 Likes

That makes me feel better since im 3020 or somewhere close to that #

2 Likes

in addition, how many weeks will it take (from start of production) to reach “full production output”. I’m backer 6000+ so this question is relevant to folks like myself…so we’ll see.

3 Likes

Keep in min # of backers doesn’t necessarily = no of headsets. Some might have fone the $5 pledge.

2 Likes

yea I know man, keep the faith right :slight_smile: This recent beta testers tease is both a curse and a blessing ha.

3 Likes

I hope that the 10 testers give the Green Light to Pimax and then start the mass production soon.

It would be wonderfull to receive my 8K before July XD (I’m backer #69, so I hope mine will be in the first batch :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Also bear in mind that some may have opted to have their HMD shipped at the same time as the base station and controllers, so they’ll be right at the back of the queue. Suddenly my 5000+ number doesn’t seem so bad :D.

5 Likes

Right, I don’t think that was a popular option though, so you’re probably now 4997 in the queue. :smiley:

4 Likes