Trying to Install Eye Tracking on 8KX

I’ve physically installed the unit, updated the firmware, and I can see the Droolon in device manager. I’m on Pitools 263.

But the calibration tool never shows up.

I’ve tried both of the versions of the aSeeVR SDK, but neither of them gives me a calibration icon or option anywhere.

Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve found the calibration open which was quite well hidden tbh.

Now the red dot just stays in one place and won’t move.

Calibrating your new Eye Tracking Module Software for Perfect Operation

Steps to install and run the eye tracking calibration software

Answer:

1.In the status interface, if you have installed DroolonPi1, you will be prompted to download aSeeVR software.
2.Run Runtime, two icons will appear in the system tray.
3. Click “calibration” to enter the calibration procedure
4.The two dots in the box represent the relative position of the pupil.
The two dots in the box represent the relative position of the pupil, and the two green dots should appear almost in the middle of the box during normal wear.
5.If two red dots appear, please check if a thin mask is used and the hardware is installed correctly.
Then follow the prompts to calibrate, press ESC to close the calibration program after the end.

2 Likes

steps 4 and 5 don’t really work for me as described.

i get a single red dot that doesn’t move

Please try to use a thick sponge face mask, about 15mm thick. If it still doesn’t work, I can contact 7invensun to provide remote service for you.

1 Like

My 8KX only came with one thin mask, I don’t have a thick one.

Please provide me your order number, I will contact customer service to confirm whether we will send you thick sponge mutual face mask.

1 Like

I’m KS2917. I’m also missing the silicon wrapper for the HMD.

1 Like

meanwhile you can just use velcro strap between mask & bracket or try to keep your HMD by hands a bit further just to test whether it’s the case.

if possible try to connect ET module directly to your PC usb port, video type C, other type C or any default USB 3.0 port (blue colour)

1 Like

Customer service has been asked to inquire.The silicon wrapper and thick sponge will be sent to you together in the streth goal, and everything will be OK.

1 Like

@Miracle If I received a thinner sponge, is there a way for my to request getting a thicker one too? I measured the one that was sent and it’s the same size as the one I originally received with my 8K+.

When I try to calibrate, I see the 2 green dots for a couple of seconds, then they disappear.

1 Like

I get the same. Two green dots then disappear. No lights on the eye trackers.

1 Like

Just a note: I also got the disappearing green dots when I tried out an external cable between PC and headset (which supported the high refresh rates of the eye tracking module when checking in AmCap), but no problems calibrating with the included cable (but only 30Hz in AmCap with this one)… :thinking:

Both were done using a VRMust foam which is about as thick as the thick one I got from Pimax.

Haven’t tried using the thin one from Pimax.

I got blue eyes so apparently it should be easier for the eye tracking module cameras to distinguish where the pupil is according too @PimaxUSA.

You can try to enhance the distance with some double sided velcro between headset cowling and foam.

1 Like

Thanks Doc. tried that still disappearing. Tried reversing plugs. Thick foam. No go.

1 Like

Didn’t change anything. I was able to calibrate and infrared is on. ???
Removed PE from Pitool.

1 Like

Hi bob,
Please check the folder below
C: \ 7invensun \ aSeeVR_UserSDK \ runtime \ devices \ Pimax \ config
or
C: \ aSeeVR_UserSDK \ runtime \ devices \ Pimax \ config

Several .ini files should be extracted to this folder.
Pitool 1.0.2.084 / 1.264 installs AseeVR User SDK 10.0.0.10, but it seems to have a problem.

If that’s the case for you
Please uninstall AseeVR User SDK 10.0.0.10 and try AseeVR User SDK 10.0.0.8 from Pitool 1.0.1.263.

Rough in my case, I backed up the 10.0.0.8 config folder and wrote it back after installing 10.0.0.10, as someone posted on this forum.

1 Like

Hi all.

I had the same problem on my 8KX. and i have now solved it with help from ryouma’s suggestion… but i did it a bit different.

(i have tested this with an cable from the module and directly to an 3.0 compatible USB C port on my pc)

I installed Pitool 1.0.1.263 and had it down load AseeVR User SDK 10.0.0.8 (had to manually uninstall *.10 first). then i tested it, and now it could calibrate. But it was very unstable.

i made an backup of the “C:\7invesun” directory, and then i installed Pitool 1.0.2.084 again.
when installed i had it to upgrade AseeVR User SDK to version 10.0.0.10 (had to manualy uninstall the old one again).

then i took all the files (not directory’s) from “(backup_location)\7invensun \ aSeeVR_UserSDK \ runtime \ devices \ Pimax \ config” and copyed them to “C: \ 7invensun \ aSeeVR_UserSDK \ runtime \ devices \ Pimax \ config” i did skip when windows asked to replace the two existing files in the location.

after this i can calibrate and it seem to be stable.

before this the only way i could make it work was by setting in an USB cable in with an USB 2.0 limiter circuit so the camera was forced to 30 Hz due to the bandwidth limit. (witch was not an solution i like)

now it’s near 120Hz according to AMCap and it are tracking.

guess that i need to test if the loop cable(the one delivred with the eye tracker) works with this fix tomorrow. it’s to late for me to do this today :frowning:

@Miracle please forward the above to the right developers if they have not figured it out already :slight_smile:

and thanks to ryouma for giving me the hint that i needed :slight_smile:

(edited to correct the worst spelling and formulation errors)

i asked for that about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully it already is fixed in the next version
https://community.openmr.ai/t/usb-3-0-eye-tracking-module-setup/30514/232

Hi all.

I just wanted to update you. i tested the loop cable and it seem to work with this fix…

but according to AMCap its only at 60Hz… but i think i will prefer this as the pulley cable management do not handle two cables from the HMD weary well…

one would wish that pi max had made the extra USB for power able to be Data enabled as well with an USB C plug hanging out to put into the eye tracking… then the bandwidth problem would have been solved :wink:

2 Likes

I was able to resolve my issue. I backed up my config folder (as @ryouma suggested). Then I removed AseeVR 1.0.0.10. When I downgraded PiTools from 1.0.2.084 to 1.0.1.263, I had to reboot my headset to initialize the AseeVR install (to version 1.0.0.08). When that version was installed, I decided to do the calibration (out of curiosity). It actually worked then. So when I installed PiTool 1.0.2.084, I had to upgrade AseeVR again (you have to uninstall the old version first). After 1.0.0.10 was installed again, I tried the calibration again, and it worked again. I did NOT have to use the old config folder as others needed to do. So, there is definitely something with the installation. For others having this issue, I would still go through the process that @ryouma described (whether you need to use those files or not). Thank you for the advice.