Tried to install PiTool latest version, getting OPENSSL error

indeed skyrimmer, i have found that the last 2 pitool installations both needed me to install as Admin.

Eno

2 Likes

He may need to clear out any registry keys that were added too.

2 Likes

Well i tried to install a new windows on a new ssd partition but instead somehow i ended killing my main windows, so now i’m trying to create a recovery disk and see what happens.

2 Likes

These are the reg keys that get installed:

4 Likes

So I finally reinstalled windows and run the pitool installer on admin mode, and it’s finally working, thanks everyone for your help!

4 Likes

Is there a changelog somewhere on pitool versions like steamvr has?

1 Like

I think the team are still working on that detail.

@Sean.Huang @Pimax-Support are there changelogs available for pitools?

I need to second the fact that the latest PiTool 84 is flawed in several ways… Im gonna report this to Xunshu

4 Likes

For example:
Resolutions are crazy high in PiTool version 84. Totally undoable and many games crashes on PiTool 1.0. Hellblade crashes even at lowest level, with PiTool 1.0 and SteamVR SS 20%

In PiTool version 76, Hellblade crashed at PiTool 1.5 because of resolution. Now not even 1.0 can run it. Maybe because PiTool 1.0 now has same resolution as PiTool 1.5 did. :frowning:

1 Like

Can you not rollback to .76?

1 Like

We can rollback PiTool yes, but rollback firmware I know its a bit more complicated

1 Like

Oh it’s firmware too?

1 Like

@SweViver
if it is not comfortable for new rendering level.
You could uninstall .84 and roll back to .76 , go back to original rendering level, we will check it.

3 Likes

Im doing an urgent video about this, up in 30 minutes i think. I think its important for all new Pimax owners to know the software is a little screwed and not the headset :slight_smile:

1 Like

For everyone, here is the link to roll back to PiTool 1.0.1.76, the version that works much better:
http://pisetup.pimaxvr.com/PiToolSetup_1.0.1.76.exe

2 Likes

Thank you sweviver, let’s hope they get this fixed fast because the backer meetup is in New York and LA next week. They should really be keeping the information that’s out there from the previewers consistent to make the best impressions. This sounds like it’s making things blurrier even at the same resolutions and worse performance. Not good.

Makes you wonder how exactly QA is testing the application build, I mean this is the most basic settings you can do with PiTools :neutral_face:

But I guess these things can happen, but as long as we can revert the version I guess it should not be a big issue. My suggestion to all is to keep a history of your working PiTools just to be able to do just that.

Cheers

3 Likes

For me, PiTool 1.0.1.76 produces that OpenSSL error, and PiTool 1.0.1.84 just crashes with a generic “PiTool.exe has stopped working” message. The “Debug the program” button appears to do nothing.

1 Like

I managed to fix it only by reinstalling windows 10, so either do that or I really can’t help you sorry.

1 Like

Thanks. I have to go now. PiTool crashed within Qt5, but that doesn’t say much as it’s most likely not the cause. I can try switching to Windows 10 again to see if that helps; I’m on Windows 8.1.

1 Like