This forum's software is absurdly feature rich

Just wanted to share something quickly, I am constantly surprised by this forum’s feature set. I know that it’s based on a forum software that can be licensed out, it’s just contantly surprising me. But today was probably the most ridiculous.

I just arrived in the Netherlands to go to VR Days to check out the crystal in a couple of days. Stopped off at a cafe to check some emails and chill for a bit, so took out my laptop and turned on my wifi hotspot. Typed in this forum first, because I absolutely have a life, and the website loaded and showed me a few replies and messages I had missed. Except…I wasn’t online! Seems like it caches messages etc even in the background and then loads them the next time you visit even when offline. But not just the notifications, like I could actually click through to the threads and see the messages even though I was offline. Madness!

Next thing the forum is going to get my father to respect me. Amazing stuff.

5 Likes

Yeah, and this is why discourse.org is thriving.

Ah yeah forums will never be the hubs that they were before but I must say the software running under the hood here is very impressive.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.