Thermal Video of 8K (and misc other pictures)

I had been waiting to release this until I had a full review of the 8K. Unfortunately, I decided to wait to review it until I had a “playable” experience and that never happened. After having these files sitting on my desktop for ~7 months I opted to just release them without a review. The delay totally had nothing to do with laziness or procrastination :sweat_smile:.

8K Thermal Video

IPD settings

Large IPD - another already posted this a few months ago but I found it a few months before them. Technically they get points for “First post” :man_shrugging:. Another reason not to procrastinate.

Minimum IPD - there is barely any room between the lens frames at the minimum setting and the cloth bunches up (including the area at the top). This is most likely what Pimax was referring to when they removed the proximity sensor.

Lens Comparison

Bottom of the 8K (should be the same for other headsets)

EDIT: The hole in the picture is one of the threaded mounting holes for the hand-tracking module. The mic is on the bottom-right side of the headset (not shown) and isn’t covered.

Max Resolution Setting

• PiTool (v109) at 2.0 quality setting
  • PP on
  • Large FOV
  • SteamVR global SS at 500% (Video tab)
  • SteamVR application SS at 500% (Applications tab)

79960x39035 rendered per eye (160K gaming)

4 Likes

i think the mic is near the IPD scroll under de headset (small hall)

1 Like

That would be correct. Just did the smart thing an actually looked at the headset (instead of a seven month old picture). The hole in the picture is one of the threaded mounting holes for the hand-tracking module.

1 Like